Force Feedback

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Force Feedback

Post by OldMtnMan »

In my sim racing I have force feedback in the steering wheel so I can feel what the car is doing on the track.

In flight sims they have force feedback in the joysticks. (I don't use one)

For hunting sims. What not a force feedback mouse so we could feel the recoil? Those who do mass shootings probably wouldn't like it but for those who shoot one animal at a time like me it would be a cool feature to help immersion. I'd buy one.

We'd need not only the mouse but it would need to be programmed into the sim too. I know Classic will never see it but the newer hunting games coming out could do it.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Force Feedback

Post by OldMtnMan »

You guys sure make it hard to keep posting on this forum.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

Steelseries and Razer both make a haptic mouse, not sure about other brands. It functions off low-frequency output so even without being coded it should still work for gunshots (although I'd imagine a close moose or elk call might set it off as well depending).
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

AveryW88 wrote:Steelseries and Razer both make a haptic mouse, not sure about other brands. It functions off low-frequency output so even without being coded it should still work for gunshots (although I'd imagine a close moose or elk call might set it off as well depending).
I didn't know that. I'll have to give it a try.

Thanks.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I was so close to ordering the haptic mouse but it wasn't a brand name and I was worried about durability. They wanted $120 for it. The brand name haptic mice seemed to be game specific. In the process of researching mice I discovered I was using a cheap $13 mouse I got off of ebay. It was fine for racing and flight sims but not a hunting game.
So, after reading about a gazillion mice I bought a Razer Basilisk V3. I'm sure it will be an improvement over what i'm using now.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

I'm sure it will, Pete. I've had a Deathadder Chroma for 8 years now and it's never let me down. Razer makes some great products.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Good to hear.

Thanks.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Well, I got the mouse and really like it, except for one feature. It has a button on the side under my thumb. Actually, not under my thumb but forward of my thumb. It puts my hand on the mouse in an awkward position when I press the button. The button is for slowing down the DPI. That slows down the movement on the mouse. It's purpose is for shooting long range shots. Kind of a sniper button.

That sounds good but here's my problem. The left click button for firing the gun is super sensitive. It's not a regular switch buy an optical sensor. Very precise and no way for it to double click by accident. All good, but trying to hold the thumb button in and moving the mouse to align the sights I accidently fired the gun by barely touching the left click button. I did it 3 times on the 30R and that's recorded as a miss in Classic. That really upset me as I try to stay as close as possible in hit accuracy. So, that ends me using the sniper button. Otherwise, it's a great mouse with a ton of features that work well. Just not that blasted sniper button.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Doesn´t make much sense on a mouse. Gamepad makes a bit more sense. Joystick can actually give some kind of a recoil effect but horribly slow to aim with a joystick. Gamepads can have individual feedback for the triggers etc but ffb on the mouse make no difference for me. Better then get a bass shaker for your chair that shakes your entire being. There is also seats etc that will be much more effectful or vests like woojers. As for VR there is adapters that give you a gun stock and a recoil simulation. Now the Hunter don´t support VR of course but that is probably the best most affordable way to get some semi realistic experience. It´s really cool with gun stocks as you grip and move like a real life. But just like irl constantly running around aiming down the sight is tiresome even though the gunstocks is much lighter then the real deal. But it´s quite a bit more immersive then only VR and hand controllers where you are essentially holding air and no firm grips to fool you it´s real.

Return to “General Off Topics”