Tokyo 2020 Olympics Recurve

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Tokyo 2020 Olympics Recurve

Post by curlyCoyote »

Wanted to share this video that I watched recently:

I found it amazing how accurate they are with recurve bows at 70 meters. Congratulations to everyone participating for their amazing bow skills!
In theHunter Classic game I can't shoot much past 25 meters at all or else I will completely miss the deer I am shooting at, and they are getting 10 points at 70 meters multiple times in a row!
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Tokyo 2020 Olympics Recurve

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Its definitely impressive. At the same time though keep in mind that they are shooting sights, really heavy stabilizers, light arrows, and generally fairly light draw weights. Much different from a hunting recurve setup.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Also the fire rate is incredible slow.

Should redesign the competition for more action. Moving targets on time etc. Then skill will become more important then technologue
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

It would be interesting if they had more disciplines of archery within the Olympics. Olympic recurve like they have now. Then maybe an instinctive competition with no sights, more of a barebow competition.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:It would be interesting if they had more disciplines of archery within the Olympics. Olympic recurve like they have now. Then maybe an instinctive competition with no sights, more of a barebow competition.
Currently, they only have recurve bows in the Olympics because some Asian countries only practice/hunt with the recurve, so to make things fair they are only allowing recurve's. (Source bellow)

https://arrows2bows.com/olympic-archery ... -distance/
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

curlyCoyote wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:It would be interesting if they had more disciplines of archery within the Olympics. Olympic recurve like they have now. Then maybe an instinctive competition with no sights, more of a barebow competition.
Currently, they only have recurve bows in the Olympics because some Asian countries only practice/hunt with the recurve, so to make things fair they are only allowing recurve's. (Source bellow)

Right, I'm not saying allow compounds or anything like that. I'm saying take the sights of their bows and shoot the way bows were originally shot before all the gadgets were added.

curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
curlyCoyote wrote:

Right, I'm not saying allow compounds or anything like that. I'm saying take the sights of their bows and shoot the way bows were originally shot before all the gadgets were added.
I think it's in the rulebook that everyone has to use that specific sight or stabilizer. But I agree with you.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
curlyCoyote wrote:

You mean with the arrow nocked outside not Inside so you can reload way faster
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

I mean not necessarily putting restrictions on where the arrow goes on the bow unless you're trying to make it some sort of Lars Anderson shooting contest. I'm just saying a competition with a straight up recurve or longbow without all the bells and whistles attached. Shooting style would be up to the shooter with certain restrictions such as no string walking and stuff like that.

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Japanese people has a very traditional stile of archery, i don't remember the name of the discipline, but they dress in traditional clothes and shoot a traditional bow, no sight or anything, i guess eventually something like that could be adopted as an olympic discipline.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “General Off Topics”