What do you do when you can't sleep?

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: What do you do when you can't sleep?

Post by JimboCrow »

jttoo wrote:I should have posted at 2:30AM last night, when I was still up after trying this. It didn't taste bad, and it was sort of like drinking a banana flavored drink.
Cauliflower wrote:It also goes on to explain the pesticides that some farmers may use. This is where I was a little concerned. It's not like you have to eat the actual peel though.
So, that is certainly something to be concerned about, as you are boiling any pesticides out along with the rest of the minerals from the peel.
This is definitely a big red flag, and although I'm not 100% sure you can trust the label "organic" in most supermarkets, I think if you can find a reputable market you should be able to buy bananas grown without the use of pesticides. I sure hope so. I'm going over to our local grocer who has a stellar reputation and get some of his organic bananas. I eat the apples he sells, peel and all, and he's a great guy who I actually trust. (There are plenty I don't!!)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yes, the riper and the more organic seems to be the best. I'm sorry it didn't work for you fellas. Always seems to put me to sleep. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Cauliflower
Tracker

Post by Cauliflower »

BCKidd wrote:Yes, the riper and the more organic seems to be the best. I'm sorry it didn't work for you fellas. Always seems to put me to sleep. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

Do the bananas have to be fully ripe in order for it to work?
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Not brown, but a nice yellow, at least that is what I've always used. Not sure green or not ripe would have the same effect. ;) Peace,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

I've seen this thread lately and I laugh every time I see this because I've been running on fumes lately and today I'm on 48 hours no sleep but I laugh because I often do the worst things to help myself sleep like drink coffee before bed that sort of thing. I really need to be following some of the advise here! Seriously going without sleep this long is making me loopy. LOL! Okay..We're going to try this again! zzzz
Cauliflower
Tracker

Post by Cauliflower »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:I've seen this thread lately and I laugh every time I see this because I've been running on fumes lately and today I'm on 48 hours no sleep but I laugh because I often do the worst things to help myself sleep like drink coffee before bed that sort of thing. I really need to be following some of the advise here! Seriously going without sleep this long is making me loopy. LOL! Okay..We're going to try this again! zzzz
I hope you get some sleep soon. I've been up in the past before for a couple or a few days and It was not a pleasing experience. I started hallucinating and walked some 30 miles outside at night. I was planning on walking until I got out of state. I only had one cup of water with lemon in it, that some restaurant was kind enough to give me. They were closing but I was so thirsty and exhausted. I eventually started to believe that I was Christ reincarnated or some type of prophet. Police eventually found me on the side of the road and took me to the hospital. I eventually got the sleep I needed. Staying up induced my psychosis and made me completely lose sight of reality.

I will never again stay up like that. It was one of the oddest experiences of my life. I don't mean to make fun of you or anything. Your profile picture and you saying how you are staying up, kind of made me chuckle a bit. I just see that cats face and try and picture what you may look like with staying up. It is what I imagine.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Cauliflower wrote: Your profile picture and you saying how you are staying up, kind of made me chuckle a bit. I just see that cats face and try and picture what you may look like with staying up. It is what I imagine.
Losing some sleep is one thing. This morning my face looks just like that cat in the picture. Why? I woke up with a 4th of July parade just outside my front window. My living room has a huge picture window with the city street and park in downtown in front of my window. View is nice. Today? YIKES! It's loud. Crouds of people everywhere. I'm not ready for this. I need my coffee and to wake up first. :shock:
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:
Cauliflower wrote: Your profile picture and you saying how you are staying up, kind of made me chuckle a bit. I just see that cats face and try and picture what you may look like with staying up. It is what I imagine.
Losing some sleep is one thing. This morning my face looks just like that cat in the picture. Why? I woke up with a 4th of July parade just outside my front window. My living room has a huge picture window with the city street and park in downtown in front of my window. View is nice. Today? YIKES! It's loud. Crouds of people everywhere. I'm not ready for this. I need my coffee and to wake up first. :shock:
Actually I am ready for this parade now that I’m having my coffee out back away from the crowded streets and I’m waking up. To me this parade celebrates something else in my mind personal to me. The completion of a project I’ve been single mindedly working on the past 12 years. My excitement is sort of appearing slowly as I wake up and my brain fog begins to clear like the rising of the sun. Don’t ask me about the specifics of this thing. I’m smiling huge with a big smile.....on the inside. No one around me would be able to comprehend the meaning of how I feel this morning. :)
Maxmunger8
Spotter

Post by Maxmunger8 »

I just lie there and think about conversations I have had in the past, I also talk to myself quit a bit when I can't sleep. But I usually always fall asleep very quickly, an advantage of living an active lifestyle.
Why do you wear pink camo? Are you going to hunt flamingos? - Anonymous
FrozenHorse
Spotter

Post by FrozenHorse »

Meditating. Just learn some basic meditation technique to calm(and bore :D) yourself down before going to sleep. 5-20mins is usually enough for me, depends on how hectic the day was. I'm actually measurring my sleep performace with bluetooth fitness band and cell phone sleeping application, for a few years now. And meditating just before sleeping is the top cause of good sleep for me. Second place(according to statistics I collected): hard manual labor during day; extensive hiking/sport activity during day; rainy night.

+ BY-PRODUCT: happier life in general :)
FrozenHorse stats:
Spoiler:

Return to “General Off Topics”