What do you do when you can't sleep?

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
jttoo
Hunter

Re: What do you do when you can't sleep?

Post by jttoo »

BCKidd wrote:It works- here is a link: https://goodlivingguide.com/banana-tea-for-good-sleep/ Yes, try it, you'll be surprised. I didn't believe it either when I first heard of it. I suffer at times with bouts of insomnia, this works every time. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.
Going to go make this right now and try it tonight. The recipe calls for 4 cups of water per banana. I assume you can refrigerate the rest, and or make bigger batches and refrigerate it?
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Let us know here if you find it helps. Yeah, I only use the recipe I had. Three cups works too. Goodnight. :D Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

I count ptarmigans...................
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

ogruls wrote:I count ptarmigans...................
:lol: :lol: Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

BCKidd wrote:It works- here is a link: https://goodlivingguide.com/banana-tea-for-good-sleep/ Yes, try it, you'll be surprised. I didn't believe it either when I first heard of it. I suffer at times with bouts of insomnia, this works every time. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.
Wow, good to know BCK!! My daughter has suffered from this truly serious problem as well, and I'll certainly send her the link. I'm going to try it myself just to play guinea pig, and I will tell my experience here. Thank you for this!! Sounds delicious!! ;)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

JimboCrow wrote:

BCKidd.
Wow, good to know BCK!! My daughter has suffered from this truly serious problem as well, and I'll certainly send her the link. I'm going to try it myself just to play guinea pig, and I will tell my experience here. Thank you for this!! Sounds delicious!! ;)
Yeah, the dreadful "I" word. It is a real problem for some- and I'm not excluded from it, this really works. I hope it'll help your daughter. There is always sleep aides, but, the side effects from all the pharmaceutical drugs we can get to cope with Insomnia, I think I'd rather have Insomnia... ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

If I can't sleep I usually play a youtube playlist of Survivorman or various documentaries. That helps me fall asleep. If I really can't sleep I get up to have a smoke, come back and try again. The former usually works though. :)
Cauliflower
Tracker

Post by Cauliflower »

jttoo wrote:Why an unpeeled banana? What are you trying to cook out of the banana skin? Sounds kinda gross actually...

Cauliflower, if I tried that here in New England I'd come back in completely covered with mosquito bites, and then spend the rest of a sleepless night scratching!

It really is really interesting. I looked up on google for more information regarding the peel. The health benefits are really remarkable. It states that the peel can increase your antioxidant levels and helps reduce your risk of cancer. I will admit that the actual peel does sound like it won't taste too pleasing but there was an article I was reading of people who actually do prepare and eat the peels. It also goes on to explain the pesticides that some farmers may use. This is where I was a little concerned. It's not like you have to eat the actual peel though. It was nice to learn something new about how there actually are people who consume the peels. The tea is also really cool. I'm going to try it tonight!

It's also quite funny to mention it because JimboCrow and I were discussing insomnia a couple of days ago. I'm currently making the tea now.
Cauliflower
Tracker

Post by Cauliflower »

BCKidd wrote:Let us know here if you find it helps. Yeah, I only use the recipe I had. Three cups works too. Goodnight. :D Respectfully,

BCKidd.

It is currently 1:46 AM. I'm afraid It didn't work for me. I did feel some relaxation and slight euphoria for a while. It wasn't enough to put me to sleep. I even ended up making a second batch and I am currently experiencing nothing. I believe it does work for some people. Melatonin doesn't even work for me. It sort of felt like that. I notice mild relaxation but not enough to knock me out. It takes a lot to get me in dreamland. Then again, I am also going through THC withdrawals so that may also be the reason I can't sleep. I cannot sleep with racing thoughts. I've tried drinking pickle juice to detox but yeah, my body is still craving that THC. I'm having my ups and downs now. Nights seem to be my worse times. I don't seem to get tired until around 4 am. Sleep schedule is all screwed up and it's because I no longer am under the influence. I'll get through this! I'm not going to give up as much as it sucks.

Note: The bananas weren't fully ripe. They were still a little green. Not sure if they have to be fully ripe for it to work. My stomach is starting to feel a little bubbly now. I'm not going to blame it on the banana tea though. It's just now I kind of have the opposite now that I'm off the THC and experiencing withdrawals. Not much of an appetite and certain foods are making my stomach upset. I'm sure this would have probably worked a lot better if I wasn't going through withdrawals but oh well.... It is what it is.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

I should have posted at 2:30AM last night, when I was still up after trying this. It didn't taste bad, and it was sort of like drinking a banana flavored drink.
Cauliflower wrote:It also goes on to explain the pesticides that some farmers may use. This is where I was a little concerned. It's not like you have to eat the actual peel though.
So, that is certainly something to be concerned about, as you are boiling any pesticides out along with the rest of the minerals from the peel.

Return to “General Off Topics”