My tribute to the dying game...

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
1Al
Hunter

Re: My tribute to the dying game...

Post by 1Al »

vsaet wrote:
1Al wrote:When I play THC, every time is like the first time. Many other games, compared to THC have never been alive. Others are stillborn. And even when one day the servers are turned off, I always hope that someone can, in any way, reactivate the best and liveliest game ever.
There are the problem that the game is based online. Like I said in my precedent post only if they make the game independent stand alone the game can stay alive. At the moment the day EW decide to stop the server there no game. We can't playing without the launcher. The executable redirect you to the launcher if you try to run it directly.
I know, that's why I wrote, in any way. Online or offline. I think in thc code there may be a way to make it standalone. Game offline but linked to online community. It's just a dream maybe, but there may be a way to save a really special game like thc.
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

Some days I wish EW would just give us control the development, servers, etc. as I know there are some pretty talented coders in here. I feel like we could do better than they are now. At least we would keep the community updated. I feel in its current state, we should enjoy it while we can.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Not sure if it can be made stand alone any longer without a lot of work they are certainly not going to spend the money to do.
Since population is server controlled they would have to revert it back to when it wasn't. Scoring would no longer be saved and if it was it wouldn't be encrypted so no good for community run comps. Also no standard comps, and missions would really give nothing. So really a lot of what made this game special would be lost in a stand alone version. You are pretty much converting it to CotW making it stand alone. To save this game it needs to be adopted by someone that doesn't care about cost, and can afford to host it. Not sure any billionaires into this game ;)
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
FullDiesel
Tracker

Post by FullDiesel »

Great tribute, but this game ain't dying, unless developers say otherwise.
Elmer Fudd is the ultimate hunter. He never catches the wabbit, but he never gives up ;)
Mydnyte

Post by Mydnyte »

Hopefully it isn't going anywhere as they are continuing to sell EM$ or whatever it's called.
TannerRivers
Tracker

Post by TannerRivers »

The hunter classic is dying? I don't think it is. I think its growing to be honest. I see a lot more players playing now then I did when I used to play.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

It is clearly not dying, last year was a wee bit dodgy but with a new team in place it is not dying......
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

TannerRivers wrote:The hunter classic is dying? I don't think it is. I think its growing to be honest. I see a lot more players playing now then I did when I used to play.
I don't think so. At the time when this was written, things were looking very bleak. No communication from EW, no updates. People were starting to get really negative. Things have changed now. I don't think theHunter Classic is going anywhere anytime soon.
moosiakdefrogosa

Post by moosiakdefrogosa »

wonderful
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

The only way it will die is if you all say it is and leave.

Don't be a quitter.
Pete

Long live Hunter Classic.

Hunting elk with round lead balls. Perfect!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.

Return to “General Off Topics”