Ice Hockey World Championships in Slovakia

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
knott
Outfitter

Re: Ice Hockey World Championships in Slovakia

Post by knott »

Wow what a script. 10/10 rotten tomatoes so far.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Grats to Finland .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Bigger then miracle on ice. Sweden, Russia, canada with 18 debutants and three khl players and not given anything for free.
Hosenfuhrer
Spotter

Post by Hosenfuhrer »

That was a tense match to watch. But hooray Finland!
Columbo
Tracker

Post by Columbo »

Woop woop! Let´s go Finland, let´s go... 8-)

That final game sure wasn´t too nice from our guys but yet effective enough, what a TEAM!

Torilla tavataan!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Columbo wrote:Woop woop! Let´s go Finland, let´s go... 8-)

That final game sure wasn´t too nice from our guys but yet effective enough, what a TEAM!

Torilla tavataan!
Congratulations Columbo / Finland!!! It was a well deserved win, they simply hung in there and never gave up. I think the refereeing was terrible but I believe both sides were treated equally bad by the horrible job. So many of their calls were hard to understand or missed altogether that I began to believe they were probably all hung over from a long night of partying!! :lol: :lol: Anyway, the chips fell fairly in the end and the championship was well earned!!!! Once again, congrats to Finland! A great tournament where they had to defeat Sweden, Russia AND Canada in the medal round to take the gold. Very, very impressive!!! :D
Columbo
Tracker

Post by Columbo »

JimboCrow wrote:
Columbo wrote:Woop woop! Let´s go Finland, let´s go... 8-)

Torilla tavataan!
Congratulations Columbo / Finland!!! It was a well deserved win, they simply hung in there and never gave up. I think the refereeing was terrible but I believe both sides were treated equally bad by the horrible job. So many of their calls were hard to understand or missed altogether that I began to believe they were probably all hung over from a long night of partying!! :lol: :lol: Anyway, the chips fell fairly in the end and the championship was well earned!!!! Once again, congrats to Finland! A great tournament where they had to defeat Sweden, Russia AND Canada in the medal round to take the gold. Very, very impressive!!! :D
Thanks!
JimboCrow wrote:they simply hung in there and never gave up.
It was pretty much the same story as against Russia from time to time. Great defense and amazing goalie were the keys to victory in both games.
JimboCrow wrote:I think the refereeing was terrible but I believe both sides were treated equally bad by the horrible job.
Another good point... They were clearly lacking something in their judging.
But it´s also pretty easy to judge the referees especially based on what they didn´t call. It´s also usually one-sided for most of the people supporting a certain team. One doesn´t care if your own team don´t get penalized, but if that ever happens vice versa it feels like an end of the world :lol:

All in all awesome achievement from a team that wasn´t expected to do much. Quite a hype going on here, as this is not the everyday stuff. Third ever World Championships gold for Finland. There was a big welcoming party yesterday in Helsinki, the capital of Finland (estimated 50 000 people gathered there). :D
Below is an image (from Facebook, Very Finnish Problems) showing how messed things got amongst us Finns that love our own peace... In the upper part, there's people waiting for the bus in a usual formation (keep the distance to the next person at least a couple of meters, and don´t talk to anyone etc. :lol: ).

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

How many finns do go in say a 5 meter wide urinoar then :D Don´t talk to any strangers I think is quite common but that spacing I have not seen anywhere :)
Columbo
Tracker

Post by Columbo »

knott wrote:How many finns do go in say a 5 meter wide urinoar then :D
I'd say one, if he is wise enough to stand in the middle :)
The rest will most likely just pee their pants :lol:

Return to “General Off Topics”