Your Favorite Song In An Iconic Movie Scene

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Your Favorite Song In An Iconic Movie Scene

Post by JimboCrow »

Ok sportsfans, you needed something to chat about, here's the gist: post a song or video that was in some way one of your favs as a kid, but which is now part of cinema history after it's inclusion in a scene in a movie. I absolutely loved this tune, which I first heard day after day on the car radio during a long road trip with my parents in the summer of '73; but now, I simply CANNOT hear it without breaking into shuffle-dance like Michael Madsen in the garage scene from Reservoir Dogs. :lol: (LOVE Quentin Tarantino!! Incidentally, I believe Travolta stole his moves for Pulp Fiction from Madsen in that scene, or was directed to do so. :? ) I was reminded of this today because Madsen was caught drunk driving this past weekend. I have also posted the entire scene, if you prefer that version, including Stephen Wright's hilarious voice doing the radio intro, in the spoiler. (Spoiler alert - extreme violence!! ;) )

So that's it culture vultures, what's your iconic movie scene with a favorite song that will never be the same? :lol:

P.S.> See if you can spot the editing fail!! ;)

Spoiler:
BCKidd

Re: Your Favorite Song In An Iconic Movie Scene

Post by BCKidd »

I'll add this... and say this, there could not have been a better actor, with the look, and the voice to play Jim, than Val Kilmer. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

BCKidd wrote:I'll add this... and say this, there could not have been a better actor, with the look, and the voice to play Jim, than Val Kilmer.
You can say that again. I was astounded how close he got it. Outstanding. I gotta say though, I never quite got used to Meg Ryan in the part of Pam. Not that I would have known if she nailed it or not, just that I was still hung up on Ryan's bubble-gum image and she never quite dissolved that for me. I read the book first so I had a different image of Pam than Ryan brought to the screen. Actually, I had similar concerns about Kilmer going in, but he absolutely nailed it, and then some!

P.S. > Did you see the fail?
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

If you're talking about the music vid- I'd say it looks like the lyrics coming outta his mouth are a lil' slow. If you're talking about the movie clip- I'd say gas can in car trunk, with no lid. Who puts a gas can in the trunk of a car without a lid? There is one more too I think, the shell casing rolling down from behind the shooter as he shoots Madsen. I guess tho' it could've bounced off the wall and landed behind him... :? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

There appears to be a lid on the gas can when he takes it from the trunk, so maybe he removes it on his way back in. I'll have to plug in the DVD and look more closely at that part, and maybe even the whole scene again.The fail I saw is in the spoiler. It's a secret. :)
Spoiler:
The fail I saw is there is no blood on the cuff of his shirt when he wipes it on the guy's shoulder, but in the scene before there is blood all over the cuff. ;) :D
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

I remember watching Spy Kids movies when I was 7 or 8 years old, this song has a special place in my heart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxI9Tt-pMfc
Sadly I still have not learned how to make your links show up as videos...
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Here is how you post youtube vids:

[youtube] then copy everything after v= and follow that with this->[/youtube]

:D Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Thank you BCKidd, I feel like my IQ just increased by 3 whole points!
Let's see if this works:
[/youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eTyfhhJTaE[/youtube]
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Okay, 2nd attempt:
[/youtube]8eTyfhhJTaE[/youtube]
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Third time is the charm:

Edit: I have no idea what I changed but it works!

Return to “General Off Topics”