Your Favorite Song In An Iconic Movie Scene

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
BCKidd

Re: Your Favorite Song In An Iconic Movie Scene

Post by BCKidd »

Cool. The first thing you did wrong was this- added the entire url. All you need is everything after v= the 2nd thing was this [/ you don't need the / until the last [/youtube]. You got it figured now tho'. I had no idea how to post vids either until \M/ ran me through the process. So, we can thank \M/ for that. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Hmmm, does it have to be a "movie", because the one that really stands out for me is the "Ephram & Madison make out in the car" scene from Everwood, with "Anna Begins - Counting Crows" playing. (Can't find a clip)

Otherwise, "The End - The Doors" from Apocalypse Now, "Wooly Bully - Sam the Sham & the Pharoahs" from Full Metal Jacket, "Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins" from Top Gun...
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Kind of a weird movie, but it had archery in it and who doesn't like dueling banjos? :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Gotta be a song? i dont know if counts like one but to me it has to be the harmonic melody from "Once Upon a Time in the West", when it plays in the final duel, epic.

And the band Muse use that theme sometimes as intro before Knights of Cydonia.

I must mention too the theme of the "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" final duel, man those western simply were awesome in ambient.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Was born in 65' and grew up with some of the best rock groups . Here are some of my childhood favorites .

Pink Floyd , Led Zeppelin , Black Sabbath, Heart , Deep Purple , David Bowie, The Beatles and Queen .

ENJOY !
:P

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Many of you have posted what I would have. The only other one that springs to mind instantly is "You Never Can Tell", by Chuck Berry. Used in the famous dance scene from Pulp Fiction.

And, although I can't find a video since the song was essentially just playing on the juke box in the background, I was thrilled when I discovered "Tunnel of Love", by Dire Straits, in one of the bar scenes from An Officer and a Gentleman. A truly amazing song with some of the finest guitar licks I've ever heard.

Oh, I just remembered another one. "Old Time Rock and Roll", by Bob Seger. In the equally famous dance scene from Risky Business.

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

And, although I can't find a video since the song was essentially just playing on the juke box in the background, I was thrilled when I discovered "Tunnel of Love", by Dire Straits, in one of the bar scenes from An Officer and a Gentleman. A truly amazing song with some of the finest guitar licks I've ever heard.[/quote]

Here it is in Spanish... ???

It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

caledonianblues wrote:Many of you have posted what I would have. The only other one that springs to mind instantly is "You Never Can Tell", by Chuck Berry. Used in the famous dance scene from Pulp Fiction.
After seeing that scene again I believe I was wrong about the similarities in the dance styles between Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. Sorry about that, my bad. I don't know now exactly what I was thinking of, but I had thought someone pinched Madsen's shuffle, and I thought it was Travolta. Please accept my apologies for providing false information. It was not my intention to mislead anyone. :( :oops:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

JimboCrow wrote:After seeing that scene again I believe I was wrong about the similarities in the dance styles between Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction.
Both great scenes. Although Travolta is clearly the better dancer, there's something really unsettling about Madsen's dance in Reservoir Dogs. The fact that the song on the radio diverted his attention from the impending brutality he had planned, even just for a few brief moments, right before he got back to it. Definitely a scene that sticks with you, and one that couldn't be improved upon in a million years.
toxicdog
Spotter

Post by toxicdog »

I'm gonna throw down the soundtrack to the first movie I ever drove myself to in 1981 when I turned 16
had a '69 Opel Kadet and some seedy 'lumbo for the show:

Return to “General Off Topics”