"Combat Shotguns" Gun Stories with Joe Montegna

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
BearJohnson
Hunter

"Combat Shotguns" Gun Stories with Joe Montegna

Post by BearJohnson »

I just watched a DVRed episode of "Gun Stories: with Joe Mantegna" entitled "Combat Shotguns". I was EXTREMELY disappointed when the Ithaca and Stevens riot guns were NOT included. Back when I was running guns on the gunshow circuit in the SW, I scored a Stevens takedown model trench gun that had Military proof marks from BOTH WWII AND Vietnam.That is one of the weapons I most regret ever selling. I also scored an Ithaca model 37 "feather light" trench gun that had WWII proof marks. Both weapons were slam fire... great rabbit guns!BUT - for "Gun Stories" to not include them shows poor research on the part of the show's writers. BOOOOO! HISSSS!
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

BCKidd

Re: "Combat Shotguns" Gun Stories with Joe Montegna

Post by BCKidd »

Hey BJ, are you back up an running with a new PC? 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

BCKidd wrote:Hey BJ, are you back up an running with a new PC? 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.
Tomorrow I order it... 4-7 days for delivery... 10 minute un-boxing... 15 minute upgrades... and...

THEN I WILL HUNT!
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

tbf thought the ithaca 37 is just a copy of an old remington shotgun and if you mention remington in a combat shotgun role its gonna obviously be the 870. you are right though both stevens and ithaca trench guns were beasts. id pick both up in a heart beat but unfortunately anything with a combat barrel length is prohibited in the uk. heat shield and bayonet lugs just look great on shotguns.

my local firearms dealer has a 1925 browning A5 in 16 gauge on the rack and im very tempted to part ex my mossberg for it. i know its gona be a drama and a headache i just want it so bad

Return to “General Off Topics”