What are you drinking?

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by SoftShoe »

One of my favorite sipping bourbons, best taken neat. I had a few glasses last night.
caledonianblues wrote:Tribute is probably one of my all time favourites. Tastes amazing.
Thanks for the heads up David! I will see if I can find that on this side of the pond. I love a fine ale.

:arrow: Outrider: I keep a couple different bottles of crown for guests. Sadly I have no appeal for it.

Mitrophan

Post by Mitrophan »

outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

SoftShoe wrote:Image

One of my favorite sipping bourbons, best taken neat. I had a few glasses last night.
caledonianblues wrote:Tribute is probably one of my all time favourites. Tastes amazing.
Thanks for the heads up David! I will see if I can find that on this side of the pond. I love a fine ale.

:arrow: Outrider: I keep a couple different bottles of crown for guests. Sadly I have no appeal for it.
humm, you have no appeal for "Crown" but you do for "4 Roses"........................strange,...have you had your taste budds checked lately ?......stranger still,......i seem to be missing a couple of bottle of Crown from one of my stashes on RFF....wouldn't know anything about would you ?........................... :lol: :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

outrider wrote: humm, you have no appeal for "Crown" but you do for "4 Roses"........................strange,...have you had your taste budds checked lately ?
Crown isn't bad but suffers from the same issue as Jack Daniels. For some reason they are considered trendy or hip by our culture. Time & time again on blind taste tests by discerning whiskey drinkers Crown is the clear loser & frequently comes in last place even when compared to "inferior" whiskeys.

I would say crown is a great mixer whiskey but if you like to drink it neat do your own blind taste test. Have someone else poor you some Crown, 4 roses (i prefer the single barrel malt) & Evan Williams. I all but guarantee Crown will come in last place.
outrider wrote: ......stranger still,......i seem to be missing a couple of bottle of Crown from one of my stashes on RFF....wouldn't know anything about would you ?........................... :lol: :lol:
Well I have to have something to serve guests that dont know any better :lol: :lol:

outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

your a true host, :D ......serving the best to the guests. and keeping the 'house' brand for yourself...what a gentleman you are..... :D ... :lol: ......never heard of Crown being used as a mixer, strange.... :D

gulp,...just had a shot for you, my friend..... :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

outrider wrote:
just had a shot for you, my friend..... :D

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I bought a 6 pack of this yesterday. Only had one last night but honestly I am not sure what I think of it yet? It has a citrus aroma with a hint of it in the taste, is dry & clean on the pallet then has a strong hops finish. I found myself looking at the bottle & contemplating it after every sip. Honestly it is unlike any beer I have ever had before so predicated on that alone I think its worth checking out by my fellow beer drinkers.

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

SoftShoe wrote:Honestly it is unlike any beer I have ever had before so predicated on that alone I think its worth checking out by my fellow beer drinkers.
I will try to find this. I normally avoid beers that have a citrus twist, because so far I haven't found one that I like, but I'm always open to trying new stuff. Thanks for the recommendation.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

SoftShoe wrote:I bought a 6 pack of this yesterday.
I managed to find it today and I've just started one. I could only find it in cans, but have to say I quite like it. It does have a bright citrus taste (and an even stronger smell) but it's not overpowering.

I think I have to give it a thumbs up. Thanks again for the recommendation :)
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Image Cold & Flu season. <cough, cough...>
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “General Off Topics”