Have you ever seen the Google Map Car and looked for yourself?

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
Radamus
Master Hunter

Have you ever seen the Google Map Car and looked for yourself?

Post by Radamus »

I saw the Google mapping car one summer so I looked for it and sure as hell it was there! This photo was taken in 2013. If you post it in Gmaps it takes you there- I was in my car coming back to work from lunch. Seems odd looking back on it, my old 06' Impala ltz, got her new. I sold this to the mechanic that maintains my stuff because he's across the street from work I handed him the folder documented everything from day one. I remember telling him, this car has made you a lot of money my friend. I sold it right when it turned 200,000 miles.

Last Friday I see it on his rollback wrecker, asked him "Is that our girl?" sure was. Has over 260,000 miles now, with a connecting rod through the block :( :( - He said he's going to buy it back and do it again, it's still almost perfect. At 200K after he had it detailed it still looked like new, she never once let me down.

Seeing it on his truck made me remember this so I'm having a nostalgic moment and wondered if anyone else had seen "The Google Car". I was coming up to this stop sign and he was heading south. As it was an LTZ I called it "Le'TurZ" to rhyme with Le' Tur-d There was not one thing exciting about it :lol: ~ it did it's job and did it well. May she rest in peace 8-)

Link: https://www.google.com/maps/@41.6437123 ... 312!8i6656
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Re: Have you ever seen the Google Map Car and looked for yourself?

Post by BuiuRei »

Cool memory lane stuff, Len. Thanks for sharing!
I live in a medium sized town but it's uncanny how many times me or friends spot on the streets an old beige fiat sedan I owned for a while. Piece of cap must have half a million kilometers by now, having a terrible gearbox for the totality of the time, being on the mechanic for about 20% of the time. The thing was from 1989 and ran on ethanol through a carburetor! Anyway, it still hangs on to this day, somehow.
About the Google car per se, only had my pets captured.
Spoiler:
jsakic

Post by jsakic »

Here I am, the lower one. A break for a cigarette at work.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tama+ ... d14.539247
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

That's pretty cool Len. Your car will be forever immortalized on Google. I used to have a 1995 purple F150 that my grandpa loaned to me over the summer. It was in perfect condition and was a blast to drive. I planned on trying to buy it from him in the fall, but he had already sold it within a week of me returning it. I live in a small town so I see it fairly often. Kind of a painful memory :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Ive got a buddy who is standing on the curb in front of his house with a beer in his hand as the google car went past.

I have a very long commute to work, about 150mi round trip. Consequently I put allot of miles on my cars typically to the tune of 45k a year. I usually get a new car every 3-4yrs but one lasted 7yrs. It was a 2007 Toyota Corolla. I pushed it farther then any car I have ever had. Every spring I would think "I need to replace this" but it was running fine & I was putting no money into it. When I finally did get rid of it it was because I was tired of it. It had 340k mi on it & other then 8 sets of tires, 4 sets of breaks, 3 sets of headlights, 2 batteries the only thing I ever did to it was replace the alternator.

Return to “General Off Topics”