Happy Nowrooz

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Happy Nowrooz

Post by HD_Artworks »

Nowrooz is an ancient celebration that will be held with the beginning of the new hijri year. Each country start the new year with their own calendar. In Hijri Calendar, the new year starts in Spring.
There are some countries that celebrate the new year with Hijri Calendar, which is called “Nowrooz”.

According to the statistics, about 187 milion people in 11 different countries has an special day(s) for Nowrooz on their calendar.

Countries like, “Iran, Tajikistan, Azerbaijan Republic, Afghanistan, Kazakhastan, Kyrgyzstan, Albania, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kozovo, Iraqi Kurdistan, Georgia” has an special event on their calendar.

In this table you can see the countries that officially celebrating Nowrooz with pronunciation of “Nowrooz” and the date of it!

People of other countries like, “India, Turkey, Egypt, France, Russian Tatar region, USA, United Kingdom, Canada, Netherland, Germany, Lebanon, Syria, China, United Arab Emirates, Sweden” celebrate the nowrooz unofficially and they doesn’t have an special day(s) on their calendar.

And here is a picture from the Nowrooz Table:

My message to theHunter community:
Happy Nowrooz everyone. :)
I hope you all have a great and peaceful time.
Season Stats
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: Happy Nowrooz

Post by SoftShoe »

Great post & pics!

I had never heard of that holiday but appreciate the insight & love the clothes! Thanks for posting.

nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Nowroz mubarak!

It is the Spring Equinox and was celebrated in many European cultures too. Celtic Ostara for example. ( Yes the lady from American Gods ). And highly probable that Christian Easter was influenced by it too.
Code: Select all
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I gotta ask. Whats the symbolism of the grass they are holding?

nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

SoftShoe wrote:I gotta ask. Whats the symbolism of the grass they are holding?
It symbolizes new life. Some of the pictures show former nomadic people I think.
Code: Select all
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Wonderful pictures Hossein! Lovely to see all the beautiful attire from the varying regions.

We are SO fortunate in this world to NOT be all the same, to have so many cultural differences we can celebrate and share! Thank you for these sir, and Happy Nowrooz to you too!!

(I could use a little fresh green grass in my life right now, I don't mind telling you. Snow's still a foot deep here! Thank you!) :)
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Thanks everyone.
I'm really glad you all like it.
SoftShoe wrote:Whats the symbolism of the grass they are holding?
As nachthexe said, it mean a new life, rebirth and happy. Green color help us to clear our mind and feel good. ;)
JimboCrow wrote:Wonderful pictures Hossein! Lovely to see all the beautiful attire from the varying regions.

We are SO fortunate in this world to NOT be all the same, to have so many cultural differences we can celebrate and share! Thank you for these sir, and Happy Nowrooz to you too!!

(I could use a little fresh green grass in my life right now, I don't mind telling you. Snow's still a foot deep here! Thank you!) :)
Thanks buddy.
Yes, being different is a good thing in this world. :)

P.S. I can send you some green grass if you like to! :D
Season Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “General Off Topics”