Deer Hunter - 20th Year Anniversary Video

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: Deer Hunter - 20th Year Anniversary Video

Post by L3M182 »

i like the idea of an off season where you must prepare for the coming season and scout. thats like 90% of hunting. to get anything like that in the hunter now would require a root around in the very core of the game :/
Terminator
Spotter

Post by Terminator »

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Of all the differences, the different times of year would be my favourite thing to implement into the Hunter. Certain maps having a snowy version and changing textures on trees would be so easy to do - the only real effort would be the tweaking of animal behaviour, which in itself is something i hope they do one day.
Deer Hunter 20th Year Anniversary
Terminator - Biggamelodge forever.
Hiijinx in-game. Add if you like 8-)
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

20 years already?
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I never played this game but I'd seen it, knew of it but I just wasn't really into games in that period of time. I started watching the video and what a fantastic job reciting the history. You're narration kept me intrigued! I thought I'd give it 5 minutes but ended up watching the whole thing! ... Oh, as for DH2008, another nail in the coffin because we all know what happened in this market in 2008 don't we ;)
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

it was rumored that Atari, knowing of the upcoming release of TheHunter,.. rushed the release of DH2008 (Deer Hunter Tournament) to recoup some of it's investment in DHT.....true or not, i don't know...
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Hey, I just stumbled on this thread by chance today because lately I haven't found much time to read the forum in more detail. What a great summary of the "good old days" of hunting games. Admittedly, I "only "started my own simhunter career more or less "really" with DH2004, but man, how long ago is that even!!

Thanks for this post, and I am impressed to see some "old faces" appearing here which I remember very well from my membership at Biggamelodge. Weren't we all unbelievably young at this time, guys?

Return to “General Off Topics”