Deer Hunter - 20th Year Anniversary Video

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
Terminator
Spotter

Post by Terminator »

Today is the 20th year anniversary of the Deer Hunter series!

I know, I can't believe it either ... but I decided to make a video to celebrate it where I go replay the series, right back from the beginning.

So whether you played these or not, I hope you enjoy this fascinating look back down memory lane including some fun facts and great memories.

Enjoy. :D
Deer Hunter 20th Year Anniversary
Terminator - Biggamelodge forever.
Hiijinx in-game. Add if you like 8-)
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Re: Deer Hunter - 20th Year Anniversary Video

Post by outrider »

thanks for the walk down memory lane. i think i still have most of the Deer Hunter's game, sitting on the shelf... :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Wow! What a trip down memory lane! Deer Hunter 1, that’s where it all began for me. Like yourself, I had every game in the series, and played the hell out of em as well. Too bad Photobucket went to hell, I have SOOO many screenshots from those games and many other older hunting titles there, now I cannot post them for you. Actually, I’ll try to transfer them to a different area and upload them there. I am one of the lucky ones in DH5 that did manage to get a few Albinos and Demon Deer, I cannot remember if I ever got a Unicorn tho. DH5 also had Mountain Lion along with Elk and Bear, but they were very rare and if you didn’t have the update patch you would have never seen them. I managed quite a large collection of “36ers”, (36-pointers) which were the largest deer in the game.
I did enjoy the Deer vs. Hunter mode, but to be honest it was fun for a hunt or two and then wore out quickly lol.
Of course, I put a ton of time into Deer Hunter 2004 and 2005. The best thing to happen to Deer Hunter 2004 was Vanish’s (who still pokes his head here in these forums now and then) 1.3 Patch which introduced real Rare Deer (Albino, Piebald, Melanistic) and a few other inventory tweaks and weapons. The angler system in both DH 2004 and DH2005 were second to none, with a LOT of variation that kept you coming back for more and always trying to improve your previous World Record bucks. And the community was AMAZING as far as making maps (yes, I certainly played the heck out of some of your maps, Terminator [emoji6] ) and really breathed a ton of life into those games. There were always new maps being released, most of great quality. And the communities that sprang up...wow. That was a good time. So many friends made, some of which I still keep in touch with to this day.
In some ways, those old games did a lot of things better than theHunter does now. Sure, it’s not fair to compare because theHunter was never out to be the next Deer Hunter game, but all these years later I still feel that some ideas and inspiration could have been taken from the old games in terms of AI and other aspects. Just my opinion. I can say without a doubt that both the Deer vs. Hunter MP mode and the sighting in of weapons has no place in this game, tho the second as maybe an optional thing, but back then (when people had more patience lol) it made for some really good hunts.
I won’t elaborate much more because this post will end up as a book LOL, so I will just say thank you Terminator, from an old BGL member to another [emoji6] and as said I will try to see what I can do as far as posting pictures for you guys
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

What a trip that was! Thanks for posting it Terminator. Some of my trophy shots from DH Tournament.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Nice history....... put together very nicely by yourself Terminator.

Although to me ....a sad regretful old idea back in 95.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Hey Terminator, I got some pics of Albinos that I had taken in DH5 for ya. I thought I had a pic or two of a Demon Deer as I know I killed one, but pics do not seem to be on Photobucket. I’ll have to check Imageshack when I get home from work.
It’s funny too, when uploading these pics for you, I noticed the dates of the kills and remembered I always had this bug that made all of my kills 10/xx/2005 LOL. Never did solve that one. So even tho the dates are close together, in reality there are probably a few years between them lol. Also found a pic of a Mountain Lion kill as well, but no trophy shot and I don’t remember if maybe you couldn’t pick them up? Anyway, here are a few Whitetail and Mule Deer Albino kills for you:

Crown jewel of my Albinos!

Mountain Lion:
Terminator
Spotter

Post by Terminator »

Awesome pics guys, thanks for sharing!
I think I will play DH5 a bit more just to try and get a demon deer, it always fascinated to see one.
Deer Hunter 20th Year Anniversary
Terminator - Biggamelodge forever.
Hiijinx in-game. Add if you like 8-)
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

BIG Ditto from me as well! Brings back so many Wonderful Memories for me! THANKS for Sharing with us Terminator!!! I still have all of these Hunting Games. he he

Wetland :D
Seiska
Tracker

Post by Seiska »

Oh wow. Deer Hunter series were what got me into gaming and computers in the first place as a kid. Absolutely wonderful compilation and memories with this video, thanks for sharing!
"I’ll have dirt on my feet and stars in my eyes.
I’ll be in the forest where the earth comes alive."
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Man oh man, has it been that long?? I remember making custom maps for Deer Hunter 2005. Best times!

Return to “General Off Topics”