Weightlifting / Olympic / Powerlifting etc.

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
EW_Stefan
Scout

Weightlifting / Olympic / Powerlifting etc.

Post by EW_Stefan »

Hello all,

As some of you may have read in my introduction post I´m a fan of Olympic Weightlifting, or more: Weightlifting in general. I follow many Youtube Channels and athletes from Strongman, Powerlifting and Olympic lifting to Crossfit. I was wondering if there are more people in this forum who share the same passion for the sport and would like to exchange ideas, training plans, nutrition tips or videos. I personally focus mainly on "the big 3" as well as Snatches and Clean & Jerk. It´s a personal preference because I enjoy barbell exercises most.

I´ll just kick it off with my personal favorite channel: All things Gym - There we can watch actual training camp, warm up and competition footage from the worlds best athletes in weightlifting. One of my favorite lifters (besides Max Lang) is Lu Xiaojun from China, whose technique and speed I find to be... possibly the best I´ve ever seen in my life.

Feel free to share your personal favorites, tips, tricks and so on in this thread :D

Cheers,

Stefan
caliber420
Hunter

Re: Weightlifting / Olympic / Powerlifting etc.

Post by caliber420 »

oh man, that's brutal. I've got a bad shoulder and just watching the ways he moves his with that much way makes me cringe! lol
https://www.instagram.com/stubborn_bowhunter/
“Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Wow, that looks rough. I think I'll stick to pulling heavy bows and avoid lifting heavy weights. Anyone who does this has my respect!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
REZ325
Hunter
Location: Hanging out the paratroop door of the Mighty C-130 Hercules

Post by REZ325 »

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

At the tractor dealership I work we have 2 markets to get rid of old tractor tires- The Zoo comes and gets them because the elephants like to play with them the other are the local Cross fit gyms as the guys and gals like to flip them around and drag them so a little more crude than these guys. Im with Caliber on this one though, my shoulders hurt just watching that, I'll stick to warm ups with ice cold bottles slowly reducing the weight with repetition and repeating that. You get to know what works for your body after a while am I right? :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
EW_Stefan
Scout

Post by EW_Stefan »

Hahaha that is indeed true. I should give this tire flipping thing a chance some day, we´ve 2 of them flying around where I train.
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

EW_Stefan wrote:Hello all,

As some of you may have read in my introduction post I´m a fan of Olympic Weightlifting, or more: Weightlifting in general. I follow many Youtube Channels and athletes from Strongman, Powerlifting and Olympic lifting to Crossfit. I was wondering if there are more people in this forum who share the same passion for the sport and would like to exchange ideas, training plans, nutrition tips or videos. I personally focus mainly on "the big 3" as well as Snatches and Clean & Jerk. It´s a personal preference because I enjoy barbell exercises most.

I´ll just kick it off with my personal favorite channel: All things Gym - There we can watch actual training camp, warm up and competition footage from the worlds best athletes in weightlifting. One of my favorite lifters (besides Max Lang) is Lu Xiaojun from China, whose technique and speed I find to be... possibly the best I´ve ever seen in my life.

Feel free to share your personal favorites, tips, tricks and so on in this thread :D

Cheers,

Stefan
I bench squat overhead press and deadlift twice a week. On top of bicep isolations, Triceps, traps, lats, obliques, abs, forearms and calve isolations. All twice a week. Full body workout in 2 days 2 days recovery. It's a living hell in pain but I'm proportionate throughout my body...Don't just work on a big core for competitions, I work the whole body. 400mg DHEA a day, Test Booster, Arginine, Glutamine, Creatine and 100+ grams of protein a day. Never shot up or pop oral Testosterone or any other kind of steroid besides DHEA. My sack swanging with 16 inch pythons. Instead of 18 inch with testies the size of walnuts. If I hopped on the juice I could hop on stage and win no problem. I'm no where near my natural limit yet and wont start juicing for another 10 years. I don't have anything against straight powerlifters *bench / squat / deadlift*. I just find it ridiculous to only work certain muscles and look like poopoo. You see those burly boys on that juice deadlifting 950lbs+ and snap a bicep because they never train biceps. I'd rather lift less than half and know everytime I lift I'm not gonna injure myself , gonna get some micro tears on my muscle fibers for growth, and lift slow with medium weight to avoid injury but increase T.U.T *time under tension* and still build muscle mass.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

For me its enough fitness to watch it at the tv for a few sec while zapping through the channels.
Now offline. Forever.

Return to “General Off Topics”