What Headphones do you recommend?

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
knott
Outfitter

Re: What Headphones do you recommend?

Post by knott »

I recently bought a set of Focal Elears. Sounds incredble for everything on my tube amp :).

Before I mostly used my Sony CD 3K. Still use them particularly for racing games due to them being lighter and runs a bit cooler on my ears. Also late at night as they leak less.

Also have a set of Audeze LCD-2s but the weight mean they can cause some strain for long term comfort but they are pretty spectacular as well.

A popular budget alternative is Philips Fidelio X2 can be bad for some 150$ or even less. Never heard them though. I don´t quite understand why gaming headsets sells. For fun I listened to quite a few but build quality never seemed to be quite there and neither the comfort and they sounded acceptable at best. It´s to the point I get chocked if they actually sound decent.

Sure they are cheap but a set of Koss Porta Pros from the 1960s still beats almost all of the dedicated gaming headsets... And you have all the reports of them braking all the time. I got a modmic 4 to go with mine. It would be convenient to find some bluetooth mic though for sure but I have a problem trusting wireless with anything lol
\m/
Outfitter

Re: What Headphones do you recommend?

Post by \m/ »

Gaming-headsets are no quality choice thats sure, but for many humans thats the way to go today ..its ok if they like it. It seems you dont like the sound and build-quality knott, thinking the same about them.

If i remember right Flanker got one of the “big three“ hifi-headphones (stereo hifi overear-headphones under 500 euro), the beyerdynamic dt 880 edition. That should be good enough for gaming and his favorit music, better than any gaming-hp.
Now offline. Forever.

Return to “General Off Topics”