Sad day in the Metal Music World (RIP Lemmy)

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Sad day in the Metal Music World (RIP Lemmy)

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Hey guys,

Not sure how many of you are Motörhead fans, but I know I have been a fan of Motörhead for many, many years. This morning on the news, I saw the sad news that Lemmy Kilmister, lead singer and bassist of Motörhead, had passed away at the age of 70. This news really struck me, as Lemmy and Motörhead was and is one of the most influential icons in hard rock and metal music. I remember the first time I heard them, back in the mid 80's when I myself was just a kid and first getting his hands on a guitar. I had heard "Ace of Spades", and loved it. It was raw as raw could be, no-frills sound, and Lemmy's gravelly and growly vocals just made their sound perfect. Lemmy was a great bass player, and played his bass unlike most other bass players as his style was dirty, played like a guitar instead of traditional style. I took a lot of influence on my own playing styles from bands such as Motörhead, Metallica, Anthrax, in that I also do not use a wide array of effects. I keep my rigs simple, the basic meat and potatoes. And I do have Lemmy to thank for that. How many crazy parties over the years I've attended, with their music in the background as added fuel! I could go on for days about that stuff, as I'm sure most of us older headbangers from back in the day can do. We lost a metal God and icon today, one of our musical forefathers in metal, one that had such a giant presence both on and off the stage. Turn up "No Sleep Til Hammersmith", crack open that bottle of whiskey, and down a few shots in respect to Lemmy Kilmister. RIP Lemmy.

For anyone that missed the announcement:

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/musi ... ms-n487071
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Re: Sad day in the Metal Music World (RIP Lemmy)

Post by ForstHeld »

"You know we are born to lose and gambling's for fools. But that's the way we like it, baby. We don't wanna live for ever."

RIP Lemmy
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yeah, quit sad actually. Once he had been diagnosed with that damn cancer- it only took a couple of days for him to pass away. I've always liked his vocal ability and the music that "Motorhead" produced. RIP- Lemmy. :( Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
MonStarHunting
Tracker

Post by MonStarHunting »

As musician i bow down to his bass playing,
as listener i bow down to his vocals
and as a man i bow down to his principles.

It's truly a sad day and we'll miss you much Lemmy.

Cheers
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Post by Cogsy666 »

Was quite a shock when i woke up to the news yesterday. Listened to Motorhead most of the day yesterday.

RIP Lemmy \m/
Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

There will never be another voice like that one I will wager with confidence. A true pioneer. When I think of him I hear Sinatra in my head singing "I did it my way"
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Radamus wrote:There will never be another voice like that one I will wager with confidence. A true pioneer. When I think of him I hear Sinatra in my head singing "I did it my way"
Yeah, but the Sid Vicious version, right? Haha
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

R.I.P. Lemmy
One of a kind.. Rock & Roll Forever

Return to “General Off Topics”