theHunter & my son's cancer battle

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
BearHunter
Tracker

theHunter & my son's cancer battle

Post by BearHunter »

This is not being written for sympathy or anything and I am a very private person when it comes to home life but I had to put this out, I am a single Dad of a young son battling cancer in the hospital for just over a year now which I stay with him 24/7, My son is not able to talk much or is awake for very long due to the medications he is on and the strong medicine's given to him for the pain he is constantly in, But I must give a huge thanks out to the The Hunter for such a great game and to Flanker 305 who is my sons number 1 fan and as well to HooCairs who also helps in advice, but my son loves the hunter and is not able to play himself so he tells me what he wants to go after, and the advice and tips Flanker have been giving me for my son have been invaluable, I say this because my son cant do much but lie in bed for the past year battling a terrible disease, and seeing the smile on his face he gets after he sees me get him a trophy animal is priceless and no amount of money can buy this and it is all made possible from great peoples advice they give me and my son, and to the hunter itself for putting this great game out to make this all possible, But I cant say thank you enough to Flanker and every1 for the great help and making it possible to put a smile on my sons face, when there is not much else I am able to do but lie beside him and hold him and hope for the best, but putting a smile on my boys face is so gratifying and if that is all I can do for him right now then that is what I will do for him to try and give him a little happiness and comfort and forget about what he is going through for a brief time, once again I cant give thanks enough to Flanker who has become a good friend to my son and all his help and to Hoo and his great advice, if I forgotten anybody , my apologies, and 1 thing you should be grateful for today and what you have because yesterday is gone and just a memory now and tomorrow might not ever come so cherish what you have now.
Bear
Raid
Tracker

Re: The Hunter & my sons cancer battle!

Post by Raid »

He should never stop smiling man ! We hope for the best too , We beleve he can win his battle !
JamesMc
Tracker

Post by JamesMc »

I feel your pain. Enjoy every day for what it is. I hope he is strong and successful in his fight.
BearHunter
Tracker

Post by BearHunter »

Thank you for the kinds words from every body it is tuff but have to be strong and hang in there for him
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Thank you for sharing your son's story with us BearHunter. I am so happy to hear that our game and community have helped to put a smile on your boy's face, this is priceless. I hope your son will get better, so he can get those nice trophies himself.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Alena, would it be possible to really brighten the boy's day and in the next newsletter, feature this story and a few pics of the kid's trophy animals? Maybe a little interview with him, or maybe BearHunter can help him answer? I think that recognition from something/someone that a child looks up to is priceless, makes all the pain go away for just a little while. What do you think?
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Alena, would it be possible to really brighten the boy's day and in the next newsletter, feature this story and a few pics of the kid's trophy animals? Maybe a little interview with him, or maybe BearHunter can help him answer? I think that recognition from something/someone that a child looks up to is priceless, makes all the pain go away for just a little while. What do you think?
great idea!

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
gunrangejohn
Outfitter

Post by gunrangejohn »

Praying for your son you and all your Family :)
gunrangejohn
Outfitter

Post by gunrangejohn »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Alena, would it be possible to really brighten the boy's day and in the next newsletter, feature this story and a few pics of the kid's trophy animals? Maybe a little interview with him, or maybe BearHunter can help him answer? I think that recognition from something/someone that a child looks up to is priceless, makes all the pain go away for just a little while. What do you think?
Great idea :)
Raid
Tracker

Post by Raid »

Yeah !

Return to “General Off Topics”