theHunter & my son's cancer battle

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: theHunter & my son's cancer battle

Post by HooCairs »

Did a nice hunt with Bear/Rcnitrodad and he was shooting his 7th rare animal in one week! :)

Just stupid I had not turned on voice recording, oh well.

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
BearHunter
Tracker

Post by BearHunter »

Awesome Mr. Hoo thank you for that was fun and entertaining but was a pretty animal, and thank you very much for the hunt and doing the video was very nice of you made me smile today and I am sure it will my son as well to soon as he will wake up long enough and can let him watch it, so thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for giving me something to smile at today, Money nothing can never buy that to give any body to me that was as great as any Christmas gift you could have given me, For others out there I hope use enjoy it as much as myself out with a good friend hunting It is just fabulous how this game doesn't matter what people say is wrong with it to me see what it can do bring so much joy and happiness to myself and my son when there is so much else going on in our lives, This game can make great memories and bring joy to you to the people at the hunter I hope use keep up with the great things that use have done in game already and to what comes in the future, And hope this might help others out there that might need an out let to just ease there mind and have a friend give you a day of happiness and put a smile on my face. Again thank you from myself and my son.
Bear&James
BearHunter
Tracker

Post by BearHunter »

[signature=][/signature]
BearHunter wrote:This is not being written for sympathy or anything and I am a very private person when it comes to home life but I had to put this out, I am a single Dad of a young son battling cancer in the hospital for just over a year now which I stay with him 24/7, My son is not able to talk much or is awake for very long due to the medications he is on and the strong medicine's given to him for the pain he is constantly in, But I must give a huge thanks out to the The Hunter for such a great game and to Flanker 305 who is my sons number 1 fan and as well to HooCairs who also helps in advice, but my son loves the hunter and is not able to play himself so he tells me what he wants to go after, and the advice and tips Flanker have been giving me for my son have been invaluable, I say this because my son cant do much but lie in bed for the past year battling a terrible disease, and seeing the smile on his face he gets after he sees me get him a trophy animal is priceless and no amount of money can buy this and it is all made possible from great peoples advice they give me and my son, and to the hunter itself for putting this great game out to make this all possible, But I cant say thank you enough to Flanker and every1 for the great help and making it possible to put a smile on my sons face, when there is not much else I am able to do but lie beside him and hold him and hope for the best, but putting a smile on my boys face is so gratifying and if that is all I can do for him right now then that is what I will do for him to try and give him a little happiness and comfort and forget about what he is going through for a brief time, once again I cant give thanks enough to Flanker who has become a good friend to my son and all his help and to Hoo and his great advice, if I forgotten anybody , my apologies, and 1 thing you should be grateful for today and what you have because yesterday is gone and just a memory now and tomorrow might not ever come so cherish what you have now.
Bear
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

Dear Hunters,

Mr Bearhunter sent me a PM a few weeks ago, and asked me to share some news with you all. I slightly edited the following text. It was part of a bigger PM, and I left out a few things of which I am not sure it was meant for the public.

"I have some great news to tell you (...).
I am home now, me and James are finally home. After close to 3 years being in that hospital we are back home. And James is so happy and glad to be home and having fun and enjoying himself like any child should.
It made me cry to be able to see that after close to 3 years him healthy again and doing things he enjoys and the most important being back home and being a kid again.
He is in remission, he beat both types of cancers, and especially the 1 type they had gave him 3 months top to live because it was so aggressive.
No one ever else they knew of beat it, mind you he went through hell but is healthy and cancer free is all that matters.
There is still a very high chance of him relapsing, but as each year goes on the per cent drops.
Oh it was this past Monday we came home on my birthday. Oh wow I could never ask for any better of a gift then that.
Also was wondering if should up date the community and people like Alena and others about the great news. Another reason it made it so special is he came home in Cancer month so the cancer society has something planned for him soon.
Oh 1 more thing sorry I am not well enough to type anything and if you could (...) post a new thing telling the hunter community the good new because so many were concerned about my son and myself."

On a personal note: I am very happy that this kid is home. It's indeed a hell to go through, glad he can get some rest and enjoy things in live again.
All the best James!! Bear, you too - stay strong and enjoy!
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Post by Cogsy666 »

That's great news :)
Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Very good news, thanks for sharing them Flanker305.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Wow. Very good news.
I hope Bear and James see the bright days and full of happiness.
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Awesome news to hear that James has recovered and both of you are well and at home again. I cannot even imagine what you guys had to go through. All the best for the future and hope to see you back in the forums and on the hunting grounds soon.

I'll drink to that! *raises his softdrink bought for the lunch break*
Image Image Image
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

That's awesome! I'm so happy for both of you guys! :)

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
awjg92

Post by awjg92 »

Fantastic news mate

Return to “General Off Topics”