theHunter & my son's cancer battle

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Re: theHunter & my son's cancer battle

Post by Flanker305 »

BearHunter wrote:Hello to the Hunter community and devs old and new it seems since I have played, That is the reason why I am writing this to the Hunter community because they always have been so supportive f me and so very helpful and very caring what happens like Alena and Ho to just name a few there is so many, But Few months back I had to go and see the Doctor and was told some news that kind of took me back to say the least, He told me I had cancer now after a many long time battle with my son fighting cancer now it is me, I have chosen not to do any sort of chemo or anything like that reason is there is not much hope in any of it for myself, I would rather go out on my terms and not spend the time in hospital and sick from all the stuff they give to kill the cancer, I am at peace with this and enjoying the time I have with my son at my cabin hunting and running my lodge like usual and when the time comes I am going to stay here on top of a mountain that is the most gorgeous view you could ever ask for and my dog after 18 years is also buried in this spot, Many people including the doctor do not agree with my choice but it is my life and I live a hard life out in the wild hunting and guiding and flying so that is how I continue to keep doing until I cannot any longer,
Bear
I apologize for giving news that is not the greatest to tell and I have kept it to myself but I figured I would at least inform all the great people in this hunter community that have helped me thought out the years i had a hard time dealing alone with my sons battle, With that all being said I hope every 1 had a great holidays and New Year and wish all the best this new year 2018 to all.
This is very sad news, Bear! Must feel horrible after all you've been through with James.
How are things atm?
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

I'm truly sorry to hear this. My condolences.
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

Buckkiller4 wrote:While we are on the subject, Penn State College (a college in PA) Has found a cure for cancer, that is in a small pill.The maddening part is that they cannot mass produce it because the government is afraid that there might be side-effects even after it was tested on 10 people with no side-effects.Also not one person will fund it because they still want to mass produce medicines that don't work. For me it is sickening and sad
This seems like a really misinterpreted information. Let me xplain:

There is no cure in ultimate sense for cancer. Yes, we know countless ways to kill tumors... in vitro. Heck, you can kill it with alcohol, and other household chemicals. But when it comes to humans, situation changes drastically. You can have 50 people with the same type of cancer, same localisation, same severity... ANd you give them the same treatment, try to keep the same conditions (diet, other medicaments, ...) And yet, for some it just wont work, or can even harm them. So if government is afraid it will have sideeffects, it is rightfully so. Because it is not in question, it is almost certain it will.
When I had biochemistry course at the uni, our teacher was in the one of the leading teams in cancer research (czech republic is known for cancer research). She told us they have invented amazing chemical that kills cancerous cells while avoiding normal cells. But, as said previously, this is the case only in vitro, in vivo it was not very effective and had numerous side effects. Thats just reality.
And don't even get me started about the fact that it was only tested on 10 people. That is just ridiculously low number to draw any conclusions about effectiveness and side effects of said medicaments.
"Also not one person will fund it because they still want to mass produce medicines that don't work." This seriously sounds like idea only fake news want to spread. And we all can be certain it is not the case!
Right now we cure cancer with treatments that don't work 100 %, but have the best pros/cons balance.
And I am not saying that what you described never happened or wont happen. I just wanted to say what is actually going on and debunk wrong informations presented.
BearHunter wrote:Hello to the Hunter community and devs old and new it seems since I have played, That is the reason why I am writing this to the Hunter community because they always have been so supportive f me and so very helpful and very caring what happens like Alena and Ho to just name a few there is so many, But Few months back I had to go and see the Doctor and was told some news that kind of took me back to say the least, He told me I had cancer now after a many long time battle with my son fighting cancer now it is me, I have chosen not to do any sort of chemo or anything like that reason is there is not much hope in any of it for myself, I would rather go out on my terms and not spend the time in hospital and sick from all the stuff they give to kill the cancer, I am at peace with this and enjoying the time I have with my son at my cabin hunting and running my lodge like usual and when the time comes I am going to stay here on top of a mountain that is the most gorgeous view you could ever ask for and my dog after 18 years is also buried in this spot, Many people including the doctor do not agree with my choice but it is my life and I live a hard life out in the wild hunting and guiding and flying so that is how I continue to keep doing until I cannot any longer,
Bear
I apologize for giving news that is not the greatest to tell and I have kept it to myself but I figured I would at least inform all the great people in this hunter community that have helped me thought out the years i had a hard time dealing alone with my sons battle, With that all being said I hope every 1 had a great holidays and New Year and wish all the best this new year 2018 to all.
I am sorry to hear that. And I wish you the best!
I know you heard it million times, but I don't agree with your decision. You fought for your son really hard, helped him as you could. Why won't you allow him to do the same? For me it is like two contradicting things, selfish decision with outcome that won't be any better than if you actually fought for a longer life. Don't want to sound harsh, but you really should fight, as you showed to your son when he was sick. You both deserve it!

Return to “General Off Topics”