Addiction

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
BCKidd

Re: Addiction

Post by BCKidd »

Tod1d runs the meetings so he'll let us know when the next meeting is. The first step to recovery is admitting the problem- so good job. You are on your way to a recovery. :lol: :lol: ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

splainin2do wrote:Is this support group still open? Because yes, I'm hooked! :lol:
I'll acknowledge the problem... but that's it. I can function still.. I think... perhaps... I don't need family or friends.. or a job... or food... :shock: :shock: :shock:
You’ve taken the first step! I’m proud of you spraining! I just came here hoping for some free coffee. Life is but a dream!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:
splainin2do wrote:Is this support group still open? Because yes, I'm hooked! :lol:
I'll acknowledge the problem... but that's it. I can function still.. I think... perhaps... I don't need family or friends.. or a job... or food... :shock: :shock: :shock:
You’ve taken the first step! I’m proud of you spraining! I just came here hoping for some free coffee. Life is but a dream!
Free Coffee is good... it will help me to stay up later and concentrate better on the game!
Radamus wrote::lol: -- here's a tip- DO NOT look at your EM and GM summary to see how much you've spent. This will help assure you that you have only a slight to moderate affinity for The Hunter - But should you look at it and your jaw hits the keyboard..... work on another excuse, kind of works for me so currently I have no problem as I've got a few good ones left to use up - :D
Anonymous groups are for quitters- Are you a quitter? ... naw, I didn't think so :lol:
I'm no quitter! Nor a ("rage-quitting") pansy! :D
BCKidd wrote:
outrider wrote:
VRMuzZ wrote:This is my 1st meeting.. hello, my name is VRMuzZ and i started on the CLASSIC 4 weeks ago now. Since then ive not moved from my sofa and my Mrs has told me that if i don't get help with this addiction, she's going to trade me in for an Amazon mandroid... lol please help!
be a man................"COLD TURKEY"
I'll take mine to go, on wholewheat with mayo, bacon, lettuce and tomato. :lol: :lol: Peace.
BCKidd.
Turkey? As in Whitehart and Settler Creeks? I'm in! :D
BCKidd.. that sammich sounds delicious! I hope that VRMuzZ is off the couch at this point, but if not, I hope his wife made him one of those sammiches!! :lol:
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

yep, addiction can last a very long time, very long................................ :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

outrider wrote:yep, addiction can last a very long time, very long................................ :lol:
And I believe that is experience talkin', you've been a part of this community and game forever, and it is sure cool to read you. Hope you are well. 8-) ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

I'm InvisibleFlame9 and I'm an addict. ;)
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

BCKidd wrote:
outrider wrote:yep, addiction can last a very long time, very long................................ :lol:
And I believe that is experience talkin', you've been a part of this community and game forever, and it is sure cool to read you. Hope you are well. 8-) ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.
thanks Kidd,
i'm doing ok, getting older :o , slower :o , blinder :o , harder to hear :o , not to mention the babbling i do time to time :oops: ....but, i wake up walking and talking :D , so i can't ask for to much more... :lol:

thank you for the mention, have a great one,

Chuck... 8-)
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Wow! a real necro thread! I kind if like those as it's fun to look back on some of the BS I threw around here. And hell yeah Outrider! You are one of the OG's here and still kicking it, that's awesome!

As for the addiction it's like this. After a while you get used to it, your tolerance level comes up and you figure out how to cope. At this point, it's not an issue in a negative sense it is a positive because you've endured. This is when it becomes normal!

Now expecting a shoulder from straight up hunter Junkies? Now there's a ass slapper funny thought! :lol:

It's a lot different these days with the way they changed the whole monetary structure but back when, with new development constantly going on and the growth? It' a whole new ballgame. I have to believe that the revenue has drastically decreased because I haven't spent crap in a few years now when I used to drop a hell of a lot more just keeping up with the growth. I heard at one time EW had so much money rolling in they didn't know what to do with it all and THC was the cash cow that went towards developing their other Avalanche projects. Have to say, they did hit a homer with TH. I also heard some other numbers and stats that blew me away. I don't remember the exact details now but I know I was kind if shocked but also happy because it meant that this place was going to be around for a while.

Been a hell of a ride and as I've always said, it's about the people, and we have amazing folks and damn dedicated.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Radamus wrote:Wow! a real necro thread! I kind if like those as it's fun to look back on some of the BS I threw around here. And hell yeah Outrider! You are one of the OG's here and still kicking it, that's awesome!

As for the addiction it's like this. After a while you get used to it, your tolerance level comes up and you figure out how to cope. At this point, it's not an issue in a negative sense it is a positive because you've endured. This is when it becomes normal!

Now expecting a shoulder from straight up hunter Junkies? Now there's a ass slapper funny thought! :lol:

It's a lot different these days with the way they changed the whole monetary structure but back when, with new development constantly going on and the growth? It' a whole new ballgame. I have to believe that the revenue has drastically decreased because I haven't spent crap in a few years now when I used to drop a hell of a lot more just keeping up with the growth. I heard at one time EW had so much money rolling in they didn't know what to do with it all and THC was the cash cow that went towards developing their other Avalanche projects. Have to say, they did hit a homer with TH. I also heard some other numbers and stats that blew me away. I don't remember the exact details now but I know I was kind if shocked but also happy because it meant that this place was going to be around for a while.

Been a hell of a ride and as I've always said, it's about the people, and we have amazing folks and damn dedicated.
As usual, it's all BCKidd's fault... and my fault for sticking my nose into it! :lol: The people here are awesome for sure, and seem really great. I'm happy to have "met" so many of you. :)
Are any of you watching TreeKiwi's video streams* on Thursdays, 10:00 AM EST? I'll watch as I can on YouTube while I'm at work. He had an exciting day, as his little one stood up on his own for the first time just a few minutes before the stream started. :)

*a link to Expansive World's YouTube channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT4y83 ... xS2vPIqwcg
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Just got back from the Gym, but I was thinking about hunting ducks, Geese, and ptarmigans and the looks and sounds of double barrel shotgun while doing my bench presses. Or debating in my mind if I was going to attempt to use a bow on hunting birds. I need help if that's even possible! I know well there are other things that should be on my mind a lot more. This is what happens when I start playing this game again. :?

Return to “General Off Topics”