Original or Tribute/Remake? What do you think?

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
Smokin1
Hunter

Re: Original or Tribute/Remake? What do you think?

Post by Smokin1 »

Okay these two are for Husband.. two of his favorite tunes.

Smokin1
Spoiler:
Keep Smilin' :P It keeps people scared.. They always wonder what you've been up to. :twisted:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Good 'ol Cheap Trick and some Def Leppard! Yep, I'd say your husband ain't got too bad a taste for music. I loved the 80's too! ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Smokin1
Hunter

Post by Smokin1 »

Okay.. two more to choose from....

Smokin1
Not sure if Sammy is the original but it's still a good tune
Spoiler:
Keep Smilin' :P It keeps people scared.. They always wonder what you've been up to. :twisted:
Smokin1
Hunter

Post by Smokin1 »

Haven't been here for a bit, noticed that no one has posted this song yet, so I thought I would.

What do you think? Original or remake?
Smokin1
Spoiler:
Smokin1
Hunter

Post by Smokin1 »

Okay... It's Father's Day... and I just wanted wish all father's a happy day. This song is for my Daddy, you've been gone for 46yrs, but never forgotten and always thought of. I love you Daddy... here is your song.

Smokin1
Spoiler:
Smokin1
Hunter

Post by Smokin1 »

Here's a couple of tunes... from the recently lost from the Rock & Roll world..... Peace

Smokin1
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

This song is lovingly known as Canada's second national anthem. Here's the original and a worthy cover. Hope you love it like I do. Jimbo ;)

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

One of the great rock 'n' roll pioneer's greatest songs, and a wonderful tribute to him on Austin City Limits. ;)

Smokin1
Hunter

Post by Smokin1 »

@JimboCrow... Northwest Passage is an awesome song, like both versions. As for Buddy Holly, truly one of the greats. That tribute was great. I think I saw Jeff Bridges, Bonnie Raitt, maybe Sheryl Crow, I think, not sure though. Now, here's a couple for you, from what I can remember your a Doors Fan? Anyways, here is two of my favorites. The Doors and The Tea Party. Enjoy

Smokin1
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Smokin1 wrote: Smokin1
Holy Moly Smokin1!! I'm so glad you liked the videos. And yeah, I'm a HUUUUGE Doors fan, both musically, lyrically, philosophically, and for their incredible performances! Yeah, they move the needle a ton for me.

I had never heard of the The Tea Party but that's exactly the kind of music I enjoy: sultry, soulful, and full of somewhat joyful sorrow (or sorrowful joy maybe?...) It reminded me of some other artists I thought you might enjoy:

here's three other fantastic singer/songwriter/poets I absolutely love; Gord Downie (and The Tragically Hip), Nick Drake, and Rodriguez. (Is something like "Northern Sky" drifting though 'Bobcaygeon' maybe?... ;) )

Return to “General Off Topics”