Rifles | .17 HMR Lever Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
8%
1 - Very poor
5%
2 - Poor
7%
3 - Average
10%
4 - Good
30%
5 - Excellent
40%

Total votes: 98
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Rifles | .17 HMR Lever Action Rifle

Post by caledonianblues »

.17 HMR Lever Action Rifle
The perfect rifle for picking off varmints, this traditional lever action packs eleven .17 HMR rounds in its tubular magazine. Featuring a stunning chequered walnut stock and incredibly smooth action, this beauty will enable you to take down small game and varmint with precision and speed.

See it here in the store.

Please leave your comments, reviews and media relating to this item below. As this is a weapon, additional information relating to weapon penetration would be extremely useful. Screenshots and YouTube videos are welcome.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: Rifles | .17 HMR Lever Action Rifle

Post by SoftShoe »

I voted excellent because it is a nice model with great animations. What it is designed to do it does do very well. However it is also very loud (as is the real thing) so may not always be the best tool in the toolbox.

D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Compared to the Plinks versatility and functionality its trash. It may have more power and no drop but thats not needed for the small game u want to hunt with it. Shooting the bigger end of its permission needs surgical precision otherwise its lack luster. Reload animatiom is well made and nicely animated but just horribly long imo and i cant stand it + i dont like its sound.
Rated very poor.
Only rifle i regret buying even tho i own some guns that i close to never use.
I hated the .303 classic rifle at first but found a way to make it useful ( when i took it out rarely ) - but the .17 will rot in my lodges rack until the end of time ... or when i have maxed all the shotguns and my plink and run out of options if i ever get to that point :lol:
I tryed hard to like it and tryed to take it out when it was new.
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Rated good. Only use it for rabbits and turkeys. Flat trajectory over 150m.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

I rated poor because artic fox seem to run for miles with a slightly poor shot. Sometimes almost zero blood trail,but that could be because snow covering them. Also I can hit animals near max rendering range while running but I inexplicably shot high on a fox 35m away,Fun gun but I jumped at the semi auto .223 when it was on sale.love the .17 for long range waterfowl.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I wonder if they changed the spook range on this with the last patch?

Last night I was on LP & brought the 17 along just because I hadnt used it in awhile. I shot a rabbit with a doe 130ish M away (she was walking towards me & the last time I measure she was 138m away). A few sec later I fired & she didnt spook.

Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

depending on score animals react differently to the shooting distance. 130m could be absolutly ok. had it with me just a few hunts back, didnt notice any difference
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Rated poor as it is too weak for consistent results on foxes. It is very unforgiving except on exact shot placements. Also, I find it too loud compared to the 70-80m spook radius of the .22.
Code: Select all
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I don't own this rifle but from what i remember the devs are working on a new ammo for this weapon and the new muzzleloader pistol, if this is an varmint hunting rifle what kind of ammo could be added? and to what purpose?

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
SPRK85
Outfitter

Post by SPRK85 »

VonStratos wrote:I don't own this rifle but from what i remember the devs are working on a new ammo for this weapon and the new muzzleloader pistol, if this is an varmint hunting rifle what kind of ammo could be added? and to what purpose?
Some higher grain bullet so that bobcats wouldn't react to a <30m headshot like a waterbuffalo shot with a .243 (okay... bobcats won't charge ;) )
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/sprk ... /594872374

I mean... c'mon :|

Return to “Store Item Reviews”