Rifles | .30 R O/U Break Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
10%
1 - Very poor
1%
2 - Poor
3%
3 - Average
1%
4 - Good
21%
5 - Excellent
63%

Total votes: 136
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Rifles | .30 R O/U Break Action Rifle

Post by DYEUZ »

I like it a lot also, but there was no '' very good '' option and i can't say it '' excellent '' because i never use it in 2 consecutive shots . I , for now , been shooting only one shot at a time so far .
Not exploiting the rifle's capacity yet . Been using it in PB for Sambar / Ruse deer , and situations have not come up for me to shoot both bullets .
So, i voted '' good '' .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I'm not a big fan of endless tracking of wounded animals (it just gets old) or escaped inaccessible mountaintop kills, so this is the kind of power I will gladly give it up for. Teamed with the 12x scope it's just one and done. Mine aren't the greatest principles, I know, but it is what it is; so this is my new fav for Bighorns, Dall's Sheep, Ibex, and Sambars. Venison anyone?

I like the sound, the style, the beauty, the animation, and especially the punch. I just can't wait to get my hands on her big sister. Rated excellent.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Just can't figure out why it has less permitted species than say the .300 etc when it's sooo "overpowered" that statements here make an impression of.

The reason I haven't bought it yet. Looks good though.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Its a wonderful rifle, i use it with the 12x sight and no matter the distance if i aim well the animal drop dead in the spot, besides its a o/u, i love the look of the o/u rifles and shotguns so its my new workhorse. a must if you are looking for a rifle that get any job done.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

This is my favorite rifle now. I think the concern over OPness is a gamer's concern. A gun in the sim is what it is. You can like how it performs or not, but a judgment about whether it should be bought based on someone else calling it OP seems a bit unwarranted.

And I would have thought not needing to use the second shot is an advantage, not a reason to ding its score. I very much like how the reload animation only replaces one shell if you’ve only fired one shot.

It’s an excellent handling, accurate and effective rifle. And beautiful as well!
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

That's not the reason I mentioned for not buying it, that it would be somehow overpowered. The reason is, call me silly, the strange list of the permitted species it has. Why does the normal list of which the 7mm, 8mm, 9mm and .300 share not include this "OP"-rifle? Banteng, Bison and Coyote are excluded. Both sides of the "spectrum" so to say and that's odd. Looks beautiful though!
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Rated excellent, as I like every aspect of the weapon.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Ringolf
Spotter

Post by Ringolf »

An excellent rifle. Especially the animations are great.
I love that there is an actual animation of loading only one of the two barrels, as opposed to some of the older double barreled shotguns.

Even the caliber is very fitting for the type of rifle (looking at you, .30-06 lever action rifle!).

Fits very well with the 2-6x26 scope. My new favorite combination for wild boar hunting.
Kriss18

Post by Kriss18 »

great rifle overall at all ranges, super fun to use

Return to “Store Item Reviews”