Bows & Crossbows | Compound Bow "Pulsar"

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
14%
1 - Very poor
2%
2 - Poor
2%
3 - Average
8%
4 - Good
28%
5 - Excellent
45%

Total votes: 194
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Bows & Crossbows | Compound Bow "Pulsar"

Post by Radamus »

phil1 wrote:I don't know if the Pulsar can fire the .45-70 ammo, as far as my experience goes, it's only the reverse draw Crossbow. I'm at a loss as to what is happening nowadays.]
OOPs! Yep, got em mixed up -

RE: Pulsar I found a little hack last night by accident or something on the loading. so I had fired off 4 arrows w/1 left. I hit the R key just for the heck of it as that's how it should work and put it away - The Next time I pulled it out there were no arrows on it, but my hand pulled one out of mid air and got it ready- I fired it and next thing I see is last 5 arrows on quiver all by themselves. I thought this happened once before but I was not positive of the prior events/actions leading up to it so didn't mention it. Now I know what I saw and what it did absolutely positive.

Also, I will have to eat my prior words on the 5 pin sight - I've tried it and using it every time now and as I say - I'll eat my old words, it's pretty slick. I've been taking some long shots 60m+ and it's impressive. The one drawback, don't go sneaking through the bush thinking you can pull it out and fire at a charging animal - you'll be dead every time :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

Rated very poor :(

Reload animation is random... sometimes you have 4 arrows in side-quiver, next shot you have no arrows and you pull an invisible arrow out of nowhere and reload bow... other times you reload all 5 arrows even though you only spent 1... and the reloading spooks animals at long ranges for no reason.

I've stopped using it and returned to Python.

The glitchy animations are not pleasing and sometimes frustrating... and the randomness of the reload spooking animals makes it unreliable, especially for hunts where you have multiple animals, e.g. turkey hunting and spooking animals randomly means all of them run away.

Needs some serious work before I can vote this above average.
Veniathan
Tracker

Post by Veniathan »

I voted good, because the bow is good but definately not perfect. I bought the 5 pin sight, which is a little disappointing. The dots are too big for my liking, aswell as not really round.. Almost a bit squarey? If that's even a word I don't know but it's definately not smooth round. Another issue is the light of the pins. It's way too bright if you ask me but that's not a big issue at all.

The biggest issue with this bow is the quiver. It's cool, but it makes the reload slow. How and why is a big mistery considering the quiver is there for quick reloads. So what's the point exactly?

On the positive side it's very nice modeled, smooth, no weird textures. Just all together beautiful.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Good-Would be excellent if we could top up the quiver and not wait to fully reload. Really puts the hit on the animals though.
MarkScotland
Tracker

Post by MarkScotland »

Veniathan wrote:I voted good, because the bow is good but definately not perfect. I bought the 5 pin sight, which is a little disappointing. The dots are too big for my liking, aswell as not really round.. Almost a bit squarey? If that's even a word I don't know but it's definately not smooth round. Another issue is the light of the pins. It's way too bright if you ask me but that's not a big issue at all.

The biggest issue with this bow is the quiver. It's cool, but it makes the reload slow. How and why is a big mistery considering the quiver is there for quick reloads. So what's the point exactly?

On the positive side it's very nice modeled, smooth, no weird textures. Just all together beautiful.
I voted good only because of the reasons above, otherwise I would have voted excellent.
ThrottleFox

Post by ThrottleFox »

Veniathan wrote:I voted good, because the bow is good but definately not perfect. I bought the 5 pin sight, which is a little disappointing. The dots are too big for my liking, aswell as not really round.. Almost a bit squarey? If that's even a word I don't know but it's definately not smooth round. Another issue is the light of the pins. It's way too bright if you ask me but that's not a big issue at all.

I agree with these points, though I voted excellent as I was relying on the range finder of the python all the time, I love the slow reload, then again I like the muzzleloaders and 7mm break action so I like having one shot and making it count. The reload only becomes a pain if you need to shoot something that's so close you could pet it
PiotrV
Spotter

Post by PiotrV »

2 new camo versions added. They look pretty sexy. I'm tempted to gei it now in forest camo, but can anyone tell me how it performs compared to Parker Python?
RogerYar
Tracker

Post by RogerYar »

PiotrV wrote:2 new camo versions added. They look pretty sexy. I'm tempted to gei it now in forest camo, but can anyone tell me how it performs compared to Parker Python?
Pulsar reload longer than Python
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

parker Python less powerful (60 lbs) than Pulsar (70 lbs)
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Voted average, the reloading is poor at best and there is already 2 re-skins now before the initial one is even working properly :/

Return to “Store Item Reviews”