Bows & Crossbows | Compound Bow "Pulsar"

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
14%
1 - Very poor
2%
2 - Poor
2%
3 - Average
8%
4 - Good
28%
5 - Excellent
45%

Total votes: 194
DrunkenGamer
Spotter

Re: Bows & Crossbows | Compound Bow "Pulsar"

Post by DrunkenGamer »

Excellent - since I bought it, never used a gun again (unless I'm in a comp. and I have to :lol: )
testbreaker
Tracker

Post by testbreaker »

Thanks EW for a great bow.
Monstrous Vik
Spotter

Post by Monstrous Vik »

Rated: Excellent.

Altho, I have a minor point and that is the loading time. Other than that, excellent bow. Have been using it since I bought it and haven't really used a gun after that.
I really love the somewhat silent hunting. I could do with some more skill, without spooking and with dropping on the spot, but hey, most of the times it works like a charm :3
[---------- Happy Hunting ----------]
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

I really like this new bow but couldn't rate it above Good for three reasons. I didn't rate this bow excellent because of,,,
A. The animations, this is one time that I feel that reality doesn't really work in the game. Since we can't nock an arrow while prone, having to get up, remove an arrow and then nock it before we can attempt a shot is a little too much.
B. Using R to reload your weapon doesn't seem to work with this bow. If you have only one arrow left, you need to shoot it before you can reload.
C. Having "Black" in the name tells me that there will be reskins and I feel that reskins are a waste of resources.
This really is a great compound bow and I already prefer it to the Parker Python, I have not decided if I like it better than the snakebite yet.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Exanimis wrote: B. Using R to reload your weapon doesn't seem to work with this bow. If you have only one arrow left, you need to shoot it before you can reload.
This is one irritating function I'd love to see fixed. I want to fill my holder when I want, just like all the other weapons when we know we've used some ammo lets top it off when we can because you never know when it's going to get busy. I have actually just shot the last one off so I had a full quiver.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Radamus wrote:
Exanimis wrote: B. Using R to reload your weapon doesn't seem to work with this bow. If you have only one arrow left, you need to shoot it before you can reload.
This is one irritating function I'd love to see fixed. I want to fill my holder when I want, just like all the other weapons when we know we've used some ammo lets top it off when we can because you never know when it's going to get busy. I have actually just shot the last one off so I had a full quiver.
Fully agree Exanimis and Radamus.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

Don't confuse the quiet audio file associated with the bow with it's spook distance, it seems to be the same as the Python.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

phil1 wrote:Don't confuse the quiet audio file associated with the bow with it's spook distance, it seems to be the same as the Python.
Just saw you're other post - What's the spook radius when it fires that 45-70 ammo? :shock:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

I don't know if the Pulsar can fire the .45-70 ammo, as far as my experience goes, it's only the reverse draw Crossbow. I'm at a loss as to what is happening nowadays.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/phil ... /464385502
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/phil ... /464387379
willybepop
Hunter

Post by willybepop »

The animation of this bow bugs the living crap out of me. Why did they have to put the quiver on there? Was it to justify it not being the Parker? Makes the bow so slow to draw.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”