Rifles | 7.62x54R Bolt Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
20%
1 - Very poor
2%
2 - Poor
No votes
3 - Average
8%
4 - Good
30%
5 - Excellent
39%

Total votes: 119
BCKidd

Re: Rifles | 7.62x54R Bolt Action Rifle

Post by BCKidd »

Rugged_Randy wrote:Very nice rifle, accurate and powerful. Looks has been modelled pretty close to a real Mosin-Nagant and sound is quite nice too (although bolt needs a bit of oil :)). Scope takes a little time to get used to after modern ones, but it does it's job everything just looks a lot smaller :) . Made a vid of a long range shot to a Moose: https://youtu.be/UbGKMFFXZKQ
Keep your eyes on the community comps @ UHC- you'll be able to put this rifle to the test soon and maybe win some EM$. I agree the 7.62x54R Bolt is an awesome rifle. Takes down critters fast and precisely. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Rugged_Randy
Tracker

Post by Rugged_Randy »

BCKidd wrote:
Rugged_Randy wrote:Very nice rifle, accurate and powerful. Looks has been modelled pretty close to a real Mosin-Nagant and sound is quite nice too (although bolt needs a bit of oil :)). Scope takes a little time to get used to after modern ones, but it does it's job everything just looks a lot smaller :) . Made a vid of a long range shot to a Moose: https://youtu.be/UbGKMFFXZKQ
Keep your eyes on the community comps @ UHC- you'll be able to put this rifle to the test soon and maybe win some EM$. I agree the 7.62x54R Bolt is an awesome rifle. Takes down critters fast and precisely. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Nah, I'm not good at those distance competitions. I'm too scared of heights ;)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Rugged_Randy wrote:
BCKidd wrote:

BCKidd.
Nah, I'm not good at those distance competitions. I'm too scared of heights ;)
It isn't a distance comp. Look under Competitions on the Forum. :) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Toledo
Spotter

Post by Toledo »

I voted excellent; it's beautifully modeled, has an excellent sound, great iron sights and in this game it's as powerful as a .300 and .30. Love it!
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

Rated: Good

Pros
  • Powerful cartridge
  • Pleasant sounds and animations
  • Very functional open sights
  • 550 em$ (9350 gm$)
Cons
  • Low magnification optic
  • Optic is exclusive to the rifle
Comments
I've previously cited the 7.62x54R as a benchmark for comparison to other calibers but I haven't used the cartridge in-game until now :P

This platform's open sights are quite effective and nicely designed.
The front blade is very thin and the combination with the sight hood gives a nice sight picture reminiscent of a globe/target sight.
Even when lighting is not in your favor, the eye and brain naturally wants to center things in the semi-circle.

Aiming the rifle is smooth and steady, not as jerky as other rifles.
The terminal performance of the cartridge is more similar to the .30-06 & 8x57 than the .303, but shares the same list as the .303.
The rifle (4 capacity) and ammo (0.5 capacity) have the same capacity costs as the .308 rifles.
Overall, the 7.62x54R is possibly the most "middle-of-the-road" rifle and cartridge of the entire game.

If debating between the 7.62x54R Bolt Action or the .30-06 Lever-Action based on the same price point, the advantage goes to the .30-06 lever-action.
The .30-06 lever-action is required for some missions, has a variable zoom optic, and is quicker to cycle while holding +1 cartridge in the magazine.

Even at 113m the open sights of this rifle are spot on!
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

Return to “Store Item Reviews”