Rifles | 7.62x54R Bolt Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
20%
1 - Very poor
2%
2 - Poor
No votes
3 - Average
8%
4 - Good
30%
5 - Excellent
39%

Total votes: 119
D3AKUs
Hunter

Re: Rifles | 7.62x54R Bolt Action Rifle

Post by D3AKUs »

Just bought it and have tested it only on Sambar so far. Weapon seems super strong and handles well. It really packs a punch and makes for nasty fast bleeding even if u mess up a shot. Absolute beast so far. Gonna use it a lot more.

Rated excellent.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

D3AKUs wrote:Just bought it and have tested it only on Sambar so far. Weapon seems super strong and handles well. It really packs a punch and makes for nasty fast bleeding even if u mess up a shot. Absolute beast so far. Gonna use it a lot more.

Rated excellent.
Right on! Of all the WW2 bolts it's the most powerful one I believe followed by the 30-06 Garand but the 8mm K98 is near and dear to my heart also - The 303, makes a nice door stop. Majority of production found favor as the bonnet prop for Morris Minors :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Radamus wrote:
D3AKUs wrote:Just bought it and have tested it only on Sambar so far. Weapon seems super strong and handles well. It really packs a punch and makes for nasty fast bleeding even if u mess up a shot. Absolute beast so far. Gonna use it a lot more.

Rated excellent.
Right on! Of all the WW2 bolts it's the most powerful one I believe followed by the 30-06 Garand but the 8mm K98 is near and dear to my heart also - The 303, makes a nice door stop. Majority of production found favor as the bonnet prop for Morris Minors :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Spoiler:
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

It was a bad rifle in WW I and it was a bad Rifle in WW II too. I have no clue why there so many fans of it. Well, it did defend the Motherland. It is the one classic rifle I refused to buy due to the real rifle, no matter how well it performs in the game. I am glad you like it though.
Code: Select all
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I've only used it in the game for missions,... and it was adequate then.
I haven't really tested it much for hunting much else in the game,.. but to give a real opinion I am going to go shoot a few Sambar and see just how
well performs before I cast a vote. I have a M44 mosin IRL and it sure has a good pig sticker on the front........and I've always enjoyed shooting it and it is in still relative good shape.
I don't have a scope IRL for it so I've never tested any real long shots, but I never had a problem with the open sights hitting the target 100 yards or under.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Radamus wrote:Right on! Of all the WW2 bolts it's the most powerful one I believe followed by the 30-06 Garand ...
When did we get a Garand (Slide action semi-auto)? You mean the Springfield? (.30-06 Bolt Action Rifle Classic)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Tod1d wrote:
Radamus wrote:Right on! Of all the WW2 bolts it's the most powerful one I believe followed by the 30-06 Garand ...
When did we get a Garand (Slide action semi-auto)? You mean the Springfield? (.30-06 Bolt Action Rifle Classic)
I think the RL rifle was meant.
Code: Select all
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Tod1d wrote:
Wow- the better question is how come it took almost 2 months to catch this :lol: ~ yeah what a moron mistake - obviously should've said the M1903 Springfield
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Radamus wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
Wow- the better question is how come it took almost 2 months to catch this :lol: ~ yeah what a moron mistake - obviously should've said the M1903 Springfield
I'm a little slow on the uptake :lol: And I don't read through these that often.

I probably wouldn't have mentioned it, but I own a 1903 (made in 1903). And I'm planning to use it to take a bear for it's 115th birthday. ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Rugged_Randy
Tracker

Post by Rugged_Randy »

Very nice rifle, accurate and powerful. Looks has been modelled pretty close to a real Mosin-Nagant and sound is quite nice too (although bolt needs a bit of oil :)). Scope takes a little time to get used to after modern ones, but it does it's job everything just looks a lot smaller :) . Made a vid of a long range shot to a Moose: https://youtu.be/UbGKMFFXZKQ

Return to “Store Item Reviews”