Bows & Crossbows | Reverse Draw Crossbow

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
14%
1 - Very poor
2%
2 - Poor
5%
3 - Average
10%
4 - Good
35%
5 - Excellent
36%

Total votes: 176
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Re: Bows & Crossbows | Reverse Draw Crossbow

Post by ForstHeld »

Voted: Good

There is a big but to my vote. This x-bow is only good if you know that the 20m, 60m and 80m dots in the scope are totally off. The scope goes 23m - 40m - 56m - 72m. So without these information the vote would be poor.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I suggest printing Tod's distance guide for the scope, I couldn't hit anything at distance without it. Once I had the distances figured out and had confidence with it I was impressed. Crazy thing is, I have more confidence at 75m than I do at 45m. The bow itself, drops anything like a rock.

A little workout for distances is going after geese work all the ranges. After doing this I felt better~ but end of the day, the magnification is just a disappointment in the name of balance, all there is to it.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
SloNeZ
Scout

Post by SloNeZ »

I rated it Good.
I like the crossbow a lot, but they've really under utilized their talents when creating both the iron sights and later the scope.
I would think they could do a much better job on both.
It's been said that the scope has a 2x magnification but on my screen it sure doesn't seem like it. At 1920x1080 on a 22" monitor anything past 20 to 30 M seems like a mile away.
Add to that the fact the mil dots are off and the scope is basically a waste of EM, at least in my opinion. I hope they decide to revisit the scope and make it the quality product it should have been at release.
So the crossbow for me is a Go. I like it except the iron sights are thick and bulky and look more like a bad hood ornament than a precision targeting sight on a hunting weapon.
But the scope is a big No Go and I regret spending money on it at this point.
Note: This is based on my initial use of the scope when it was first released and on the use of the crossbow up until a couple of months ago. If something has changed or been improved on since then, my assessment may no longer be accurate.
I really haven't played that much in the past few months and I've primarily been using the 10 Point or the bows when I do play.
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

SloNeZ wrote:I rated it Good.
It's been said that the scope has a 2x magnification but on my screen it sure doesn't seem like it. At 1920x1080 on a 22" monitor anything past 20 to 30 M seems like a mile away.
That's because it does. It actually zooms out, believe it or not. The iron sights have more zoom!
SloNeZ
Scout

Post by SloNeZ »

nosnerb wrote:
SloNeZ wrote:I rated it Good.
That's because it does. It actually zooms out, believe it or not. The iron sights have more zoom!
Yea that's what I've been seeing in the forums. And that's been my experience although I only used the scope briefly. Hopefully they'll fix it at some point and offer more zoom.
If reality truly was a priority they would offer both a fixed power as well as a variable zoom scope option when releasing optics. But that's a bit off topic so I digress.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Good, pros and cons as stated by Bosloe.
MaxPerilous
Tracker

Post by MaxPerilous »

I love this crossbow. I was very hesitant to buy either one as where I live they are permitted only for hunters that are impaired. The iron sights imo are gawd aweful, I never even considered purchasing it until after the scope came out. That being said I usually don't shoot anything with it at the further ranges (50+). This thing will absolutely gut a deer by shooting it in the chest. Saves time on field dressing your small/medium game +1. Voted good, excellent comes when the scope is 2x or a variable variant is offered in order to take better (accurate) advantage of it's range capability. It's a powerhouse.
TapChan
Spotter

Post by TapChan »

Crossbow is fantastic, the power is amazing. It can pass through half of bear at distance of 65 meters - shoulder blade + lung + liver. Tenpoint is no match.

What is really bad is scope, mentioned before. I think they've mistaken numbers, it's 1/2x except of 2x. They should fix it.
Snapfoot
Tracker

Post by Snapfoot »

Reverse draw crossbow is my first weapon , the downside is his scope is sucks, but I got .300 as the secondary weapon. the combine of these you dont need other weapon.

REAPNASTY
Hunter

Post by REAPNASTY »

Its a little loud but it is a absolute HAMMER!!! I dropped a black bear grave yard dead at 72 meters with it and to me that is impressive.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”