Bows & Crossbows | Reverse Draw Crossbow

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
14%
1 - Very poor
2%
2 - Poor
5%
3 - Average
10%
4 - Good
35%
5 - Excellent
36%

Total votes: 176
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Bows & Crossbows | Reverse Draw Crossbow

Post by caledonianblues »

Reverse Draw Crossbow - Black
A new take on crossbow technology. The Reverse Draw technology allows for faster arrow speed, something no crossbow hunter would object to. Another benefit of this crossbow is that it is quite compact which allows more manoeuvrability when out on the hunt. The Reverse Draw Crossbow is made completely out of lightweight yet durable materials that effectively resist the wear and tear of the great outdoors.

See it here in the store.

Please leave your comments, reviews and media relating to this item below. As this is a weapon, additional information relating to weapon penetration would be extremely useful. Screenshots and YouTube videos are welcome.
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Re: Bows & Crossbows | Reverse Draw Crossbow

Post by ehr_Icaar »

This is a really good crossbow, totally superior to the Tenpoint crossbow. It's powerful and with the scope with dots for up to 80 meters it's possible to make some really long shots with it!
And the capacity cost of 2.25 is great and it's easy to carry this at all times.
Spook range from shot sound seems to be same as the Tenpoint.

I recommend buying this crossbow.
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

A skilled tenpoint user is much more effective than a skilled reverse draw user. Only perk that this has over tenpoint is weight. Someone who has experience with tenpoint can easily hit out to 75m. The scope on the crossbow zooms out more than the open sights and the 2 farther dots aren't even right! Gave this Poor. They just poorly executed the release I think.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

nosnerb wrote:Gave this Poor.
Are you sure? I'm not seeing any votes for poor.
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

caledonianblues wrote:
My mistake, voted before I made this comment. Actually gave it average. My apologies
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Post by Cartoon Head »

Well I think it's average, I'll vote poor for you Nos
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

I voted good. When I first bought it, the scope wasn't available and the iron sights were pretty poor quality. The animations are good though, it looks mean, and hits like a steam train. With the scope it's an excellent crossbow. If the iron sights were better I would have voted excellent. Regardless, I would still recommend it, but if someone wanted just one crossbow I would probably recommend the Carbon Fusion.
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

nosnerb wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:
My mistake, voted before I made this comment. Actually gave it average. My apologies
Bosloe
Hunter

Post by Bosloe »

Vote: Good

Pros: Great penetration and longer ranges than the Tenpoint is capable of
Cons: No extra magnification with the scope

I really like this Crossbow variant, initially when it was released without a scope many complained about the view aperture, this though does not negate from its penetration at longer ranges. Both its scopes whether iron sight or scope show reticules for 20/40/60/80m distances, the scope lacks extra magnification therefore with a scope it still only rates as Good although if the scope where to be magnified I would have to rethink to potentially being an excellent addition. Again though if you search the forum there are many who contradict the ranges for the markers with differing approximations past the second 40m pin. I personally have not seen enough difference to have to compensate for any shots within the further specified distances.

I would recommend this crossbow for anyone who prefers longer shots against prey or the larger species in particular such as Bison/Moose. It is also still relatively quiet in operation which is always a bonus to prevent unnecessary spooking of multiple targets in the area of opportunity. Personally though I would still go for the Tenpoint for smaller prey and closer range shots due to its increased scope accuracy at 10/20/30/40m ranges.
Six Shooter Tournament - caledonianblues 24th hosted competition March 2016 - Trophy's Thank Theodore Stupid Cupid Buffalo Bill
Twitch - Bosloe077 YouTube - Bosloe 077 Hunter Statistics
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

video of it

Return to “Store Item Reviews”