Bows & Crossbows | Reverse Draw Crossbow

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
14%
1 - Very poor
2%
2 - Poor
5%
3 - Average
10%
4 - Good
35%
5 - Excellent
36%

Total votes: 176
Scub177
Spotter

Re: Bows & Crossbows | Reverse Draw Crossbow

Post by Scub177 »

Rated Exellent
I have to disagree a bit with some of the comments about the poor quality of the iron sites. Yes they could be better but some could be lead to believe they are almost unusable based on some of these posts. This is not the case. In 20 minutes time on the range coupled with a laser range finder and no skill at all with the weapon I was able to place surgical hits without the scope after doing a small amount of work to find where the holds where. If someone is willing to spend even that amount of time learning the sights I'm sure you will have no trouble placing your shots within 2-3 inches at 60 meters on day one. And farther out than that later with practice and skill. This is very rough and I put it together in only 30 minutes. But hopefully this will help save a new buyer time on the range getting comfortable with where to hold at various ranges.

Note: You will see that my technique for shots at 80 and 90 Meters is to use the bottom Square post as if it where a handgun front post. I then hold over for the proper range. The chart is based with that idea in mind. Your technique may differ.

All ranges where verified to the meter using a laser range finder.
Shmal

Post by Shmal »

Crossbow is exellent! The scope is unusefull cause basic iron sight has twice more magnification! They have to make scope at least x3 zoom! Now its money invain!
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Must fun ive had with a weapon so far hunting bigger animals. Excellent in all means. Penetration, precision and the overall feel make this a really good choice if u want to take out something fast and quiet. Once u get used to it there nothing else :D
Hunting on TimberGold Trails with only this Crossbow for days now stalking Elk and fending off bears. Pretty much the most satisfying EMS i have spent so far on a weapon.

+the Scope is totally fine if u get used to it. its perfect for aiming around 40-60m. i like to get closer most of the time anyway so it works really well for me.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Shmal wrote:Crossbow is exellent! The scope is unusefull cause basic iron sight has twice more magnification! They have to make scope at least x3 zoom! Now its money invain!
Agree!! the Reverse Crossbow Excellent, the scope S...ks, better range, better range scope but the magnification just very poor, has NO magnification, Wish you can use the 2-6x26mm scope, 3x Crossbow or H34L
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

The scope for the reverse draw cross bow does indeed have x2 Zoom. Maybe a relatively new update but the fact remains.

Voted Good. Love it. I hardly never deal out "excellent" so "Good" is a.... good rating. :D
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

It's a niche. I love the concept of crossbows but the reload is getting on my nerve. Especially as the reload isnt skippable if you want to switch to another gun. I love the potential of longer range bolt kills. It does feel like it needs a different scope for it.
Mashuu
Hunter

Post by Mashuu »

Can anyone confirm if the scope is fixed? Does it have magnification now? Are the ranges fixed?
Konsilt

Post by Konsilt »

Mashuu wrote:Can anyone confirm if the scope is fixed? Does it have magnification now? Are the ranges fixed?
Same question here.
HogSqueak
Tracker

Post by HogSqueak »

Rated good. The crossbow itself is really good but it seems that the scope doesnt magnify that much and the dots are a little bit off. For example i had a turkey at 40m so i aimed with the second dot which is 40m and it hit right above it.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

ReverseCbow Scope still suck! Totally waste of money since you can aim-view better with the 3pin Irons sigth, With the range of this crosbow at least the scope should be 3x, Would be wonderfull a 4-6x zoom.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”