Handguns | .45 Long Colt Revolver

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
36%
1 - Very poor
38%
2 - Poor
9%
3 - Average
9%
4 - Good
4%
5 - Excellent
3%

Total votes: 161
Musarm

Re: Handguns | .45 Long Colt Revolver

Post by Musarm »

Rated poor.
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Musarm wrote:Rated poor.
Me too. I have no problems about a possibly wrong animation, but I hoped that EW would rework the damage for the permitted species. Actual I don't use it anymore. Unfortunately.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/olge ... /641059687
217.365 Rosy
Shot at a distance of 19.9 meters - RIGHT between the eyes with the 45 Long Colt.
It ran for about a half mile.
I tracked it down and stood there WAITING for it to die.
ZERO HV.

I have shot alot of Cowboy Action Shooting - even with light black powder loads/lead wad cutter slugs...

It should have dropped in it's trax.
The back of its head blown out or the neck roast shredded.

Just sayin...
It ain't right.
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

BearJohnson wrote:Shot at a distance of 19.9 meters - RIGHT between the eyes with the 45 Long Colt.
In this game, bones are made of steel, and the .45 is about the worst handgun. Thus follows that shooting bones with a .45 is about the worst you can do. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: BJ , man !! In a TS at 20m and you shoot in the head !? :shock:
Take your time and wait for a vital shot i say . :?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

Very Poor
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

It really is a shame the way this iconic classic which reigned supreme during the period of the American Old West Cowboy has been represented in this game. The 45 long Colt is really a great round and very powerful but you wouldn't know it by this game which is why I've dubbed it the Champion of the ill fated award of "Master Dust Collector of the EHR"
An old saying about this Old West era goes like this "God created man, Samuel Colt made them equal"
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Radamus wrote:It really is a shame the way this iconic classic which reigned supreme during the period of the American Old West Cowboy has been represented in this game. The 45 long Colt is really a great round and very powerful but you wouldn't know it by this game which is why I've dubbed it the Champion of the ill fated award of "Master Dust Collector of the EHR"
An old saying about this Old West era goes like this "God created man, Samuel Colt made them equal"
What a horrible disappointment this weapon is. It was the absolute worst representation in the entire arsenal until they introduced the 'candy cane' 8x57 IS, but the difference there is at least it is "only" the putrid reskin of a great firearm. This monstrosity is wrong in nearly every single important aspect, especially on the range. How could they be so disrespectful to the actual models with these horrible representations, while in others they are so attentive to detail and true to the originals?
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I do not own it and from the results so far and comments , i will not be purchasing it soon !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Honestly, I took it on 1 hunt, maybe 2 short ones and instantly regretted it- the 17HMR and especially with the new high power rounds os more powerful than this thing.
Until this comp of BC's, i've never once thought about using it - but I had to open my mouth and bring it up :lol: ~
There was one weapon though that was much worse or at least as bad and that was the Python bow before they came out with that new sight and increased it's power. Before that happened I wanted to throw it in a trash can it was so weak and worthless - but when they made those changes? holy cow man, she became my favorite weapon of the whole list. That was the best weapon upgrade of all time for me - but I don't see that these types of things are up for discussion like they once were. It seems they've settled into a mode that's Well we will certainly mention your comments and suggestions but most likely this is how it's going to be for the time being, thank you for your patronage - have a nice day. ~ and it's off to file 13
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “Store Item Reviews”