Rifles | 7mm Magnum Break Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
14%
1 - Very poor
1%
2 - Poor
2%
3 - Average
5%
4 - Good
19%
5 - Excellent
59%

Total votes: 237
MaxVe
Scout

Re: Rifles | 7mm Magnum Break Action Rifle

Post by MaxVe »

Personally Break Action is my first choice ...
K4n4y
Hunter

Post by K4n4y »

First i want to say thanks to you CaledonianBlues for making me win this rifle when it was just released, i enjoy it each time I pull the trigger ( sending you each single heart$ points i can collect after each hunt I do or comp I can participate in since Valentine event started, that's the least i can do to thank you in return )

Took the scope x12 for it soon after getting it and don't bother anymore with my x9 scope, used to get the 2 scopes in my backpack and switching the x9 for closer range when i just got it, the sway on the x12 is perfectly manageable even at low skills level, was afraid of this after seeing some comments on the x12 scope but it's perfectly fine for me, plus the x12 is perfect for spotting at long range.

I have great pleasure using it in maps like Val des Bois, either down the valley or on the ibex areas, long range shooting is pure fun with this rifle, often shooting at 200+ meters and usually the preys drop on spot, the wounding power makes it that often a body shot will lead to the animal dead soon enough anyways, smaller ones won't go far, tough ones like the pigs can also drop after a few and just a body shot at 180m+, it's a very forgiving rifle, the penetration is nice too, I don't own many rifles in game so i can't compare much more.

It became my most used rifle, didn't touched my beloved 30-06 since i got this Stambecco, got my longest shot in game on a ibex at 259 meters few days ago and it was a very special sensation to drop it on spot at this range.

I can't see anything in the store right now that will make me leave this rifle for another one or start a rifle hunt without it ( outside leveling some i already have just for the achievements or a special requirement competition), the single shot is perfect for me, it reloads fast enough so you have often the time to land a second shot anyways, it became my companion for each hunt now.

- Precise and deadly at all ranges using the x12 scope, looking very nice, good wounding and penetration power, only 3 units in the backpack for the rifle itself, rated excellent .

Thanks again for this rifle, love it and recommend it.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

EthanZ

Post by EthanZ »

Rated Excellent - currently my favourite rifle, due to a combination of good looks, great stopping power at range, and a pretty quick reload for a break action. As a bonus, is lighter than most high-powered rifles.
Milic
Outfitter

Post by Milic »

I love it despite its looks. By that I mean on the forestock. It ruins the whole rifle It is not realistic at all. This is the first full stock/stutzen rifle with metal forestock I have seen. Performance is great!
JK_ElkHunter
Outfitter

Post by JK_ElkHunter »

Bought this rifle, now I just have to wait 2 weeks to test it out lol.
Spoiler:

marcomies
Tracker

Post by marcomies »

My current favorite high performance rifle in the game. It's light and easy to aim. The bullet travels fast and in very flat trajectory so it's very accurate. It has good penetration and damage. The rifle also looks great and is surprisingly fast to reload. Voted 'excellent' and this weapon deserves it more than any other.
PiotrV
Spotter

Post by PiotrV »

How does it perform compared to 7mm Bullpup?
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

PiotrV wrote:How does it perform compared to 7mm Bullpup?
.300 is a better comparison. the fire rate don´t make it compete with the Bullpup at all.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Won some em$ so purchased this rifle.

Took it out to do some wild boar hunting at Hirsch though it turned more into Roe hunting.
Sounds okay feels a bit more clumsy to handle then the raptor but probably just the skill level or it´s the longer pipe.
Else same characteristics. The one shot mechanism feels a bit slower then the .300. The .300 you can pretty much hold in it´s original position make it easier to line up the second shot more that then actual reload time I feel. However if this is good or bad what I enjoy the most with these is the pressure to make the first shot count. You can still often get the second shot in and it´s already at level 2 light and precise enough for fast on the fly shots. It´s not the gun to clear hog feeders though.

I did quite some long range shots on pig I could go through skull and get to lungs on over medium sized male boar from 150 metres. I ended it with doing a brain shot on a spooked roe at 164 metre bullet just landed where I aimed.

.300 is the better rifle and well I can´t find a single pro versus the raptor objectivelly but this is good enough.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”