Rifles | 7mm Magnum Break Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
14%
1 - Very poor
1%
2 - Poor
2%
3 - Average
5%
4 - Good
19%
5 - Excellent
59%

Total votes: 237
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

7mm Magnum Break Action Rifle
Lightweight, well balanced and extremely accurate. The Stambecco is a fantastic choice when stalking prey in the alpine peaks. This 7mm Magnum Break Action rifle has got it all. A responsive trigger, a simple yet highly robust firing mechanism and comparatively low recoil. All wrapped up in a modest and highly stylish design.

The rifle uses powerful 7mm Magnum cartridges.

See it here in the store.

See the premium version here in the store.

Please leave your comments, reviews and media relating to this item below. As this is a weapon, additional information relating to weapon penetration would be extremely useful. Screenshots and YouTube videos are welcome.
muldo
Outfitter

Re: Rifles | 7mm Magnum Break Action Rifle

Post by muldo »

Excellent- a good choice for heart and head{pun not intended} Looks great and performs better. Love it.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

I rated it "Excellent", because "Outstanding" is not among options. ;)
Spoiler:

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

The weapon is fairly stable even at a low shooting level. It performs satisfactorily as long as you aim properly, and is quite forgiving when smaller game is shot badly. Most shots will still lead to death.

The drawback is the single shot which requires some loading time. The reloading time however is very short. I had three roe bucks in one spot and was able to shoot all three of them. The second buck ran 14 meters and the third ran 43 meters.

Rated Good.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

I voted Good simply because I don't own many of the other rifles so I can't compare. However, with that said I'm extremely happy with it's performance. The reload time is minimal considering it is a break down like a single shot shotgun. I've been able to shoot a moose which spooked a WT from the bushes over 120m away and have time to reload and shot (one shot one kill) the WT. As for the moose? It was dead, in a pile before the spent shell casing hit the ground. :P

Ollius

Post by Ollius »

While it's not the best looking rifle out there, it's still excellent. Light, powerful and the sound is just utterly amazing. Hence: excellent.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I think they did a real nice job on it. This style of gun does appeal to me IRL, and it's a great round. light weight. I would have preferred a little longer barrel with the resulting better ballistics over the bullpup. For example, a 26" barrel will have higher velocity and better accuracy over a 20" barrel at greater distance with the same round.
I give it a good!
which gives me an idea - TheHunter Custom shop! where we send our gun in for a custom barrel for $150 :lol: ... Oh my, I can just imagine the coupon crowd responding :o
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Radamus wrote:... I would have preferred a little longer barrel...
And have the whole idea of a "stutzen" destroyed?! (in German "stutzen" means "to cut short").
Spoiler:

JhacobTroster
Scout

Post by JhacobTroster »

Ive been looking at this new one in the store, any of you guys tried it out yet? I always buy something new when I come back besides signin up for another year so Id like to hear some thoughts before I plunk down the dough. Most of all I like the looks, a blend of old style and new.
Putinater

Re: 7mm magnum break action rifle

Post by Putinater »

I love it. A really gorgeous rifle and it loves to put animals down even with not so great shots.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”