Constructibles | Deployable Hunting Tower

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
9%
1 - Very poor
9%
2 - Poor
12%
3 - Average
23%
4 - Good
30%
5 - Excellent
17%

Total votes: 169
Scratch
Tracker

Re: Constructibles | Deployable Hunting Tower

Post by Scratch »

Would be of more use if we could fast travel to them. :mrgreen:
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

I rated poor, why?

1) Too much time to build/deconstruct (I can live with time but not the next 2 issues)

2) Scent eliminator seems does not function where you're on tower like on fixed towers,

3) Visibility: characteristics on store Visual Reduction: Very Good that's not true :( animals see you at 50mts like you're a giant and spook, specially bears and Coyote!

I renew 2 1/2 years just to support and think will work at least 50-75% like fixed towers, but I'm very disappointed with this product.

Test I done: deploy a Tripod next to a Tower

Bears) manage to close at 10 mts when i was on Tripod but on Tower no more than 40mts and they flee.
Yotes) Tripod 10-15mts on tower 50-60mts and spook
Deers) 2-5mts on tripod on tower 20-30 and spook (White/Black tail)
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Violator31 wrote:I haven't used it much. When they 1st came out, I put one by a barrel on the Bayou. The very first bear to wander up got about 30-40 yards away & bolted. I hadn't moved at all, I wasn't even touching the mouse. I still had time left on my scent eliminator.
I will have to find a good spot for it. The fact that it takes awhile for it to be "built" is actually kinda neat.
Man, I can't believe this quote was posted in 2014.
Anyway, upon further review.....(and since they are a bonus gift with em$ purchases)....apparently they just don't work to well with some species for closer shots just like others pointed out. Every time I am in one I do this experiment;
When I see an approaching animal, whether I called it or it just happened by,
scent eliminator (check)
do not touch the mouse (check)
Wait for the animal to get as close as possible....sometimes they get right to the tower but bolt for no reason. It does not make sense that the tripods work so much better. I do not want the tripod characteristics to change, but the reactions seem to be reversed. Maybe they aren't designed to be ideal for use with a bow.

Now, as far as the "build time" being...."neat" = hogwash. It really should be standing & ready to use once the launcher is restarted. I have talked to guys in MP that can't get much use out of theirs because of minimal time to be able to play. An over the road truck driver for instance...only home on weekends (if he is lucky enough to even make it home that often). Let's say he hunts Friday & Saturday nights for a while. He finds what looks like a good spot for the tower on the Friday night but it's late. Then, if he is able to hunt in it Saturday night, a full 24 hours later, and the spot isn't good at all he will have to dismantle it but won't be able to rebuild until the following weekend.
Too many members have too little time to enjoy the game.
Is there a reason for the 24 hour wait? Other than just to simulate the "construction time"...??? Restarting the launcher would have the same effect without the added inconvenience.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

I voted 'excellent' as I love the towers and can't get enough of the damn things.

They are a nice change from all of the instant-deployed equipment we have. Part of the challenge is finding a good spot and deploying the tower there: there is strategy in finding just the right spot that can take advantage of the field-of-view of the tower and where animals are, and also from what angles they will approach it from.

I'm happy to say Im quite unaware of the issues so many here are reporting. I have had frequent massacres at my towers from foxes to red deer. They work wonderfully for me. Animals do bolt eventually but it's usually not until they are right under the tower and by that point it's my fault for not shooting the thing. I have a few set up on VDB & Hemmeldal that are a joy to use.
Violator31 wrote:
Now, as far as the "build time" being...."neat" = hogwash. It really should be standing & ready to use once the launcher is restarted. I have talked to guys in MP that can't get much use out of theirs because of minimal time to be able to play. An over the road truck driver for instance...only home on weekends (if he is lucky enough to even make it home that often). Let's say he hunts Friday & Saturday nights for a while. He finds what looks like a good spot for the tower on the Friday night but it's late. Then, if he is able to hunt in it Saturday night, a full 24 hours later, and the spot isn't good at all he will have to dismantle it but won't be able to rebuild until the following weekend.
Too many members have too little time to enjoy the game.
I can't disagree more with the bolded. Once you find the right spot and deploy it you can use it as much as you want. They aren't designed like the other equipment we have [where tree stands can somehow be bolted to tree's instantly etc] and require a little more though and patience in their use. However, once it's built you can get as much use out of it as possible. Minimal time to play doesn't impact a tower at all once it's built. They aren't intended to be moved constantly.

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

ElusiveShadow wrote:Minimal time to play doesn't impact a tower at all once it's built.
This statement is true.
ElusiveShadow wrote:Once you find the right spot and deploy it you can use it as much as you want....However, once it's built you can get as much use out of it as possible.
But if it turns out that the "right spot" isn't actually the "right spot" you are out of luck until it is dismantled then reconstructed...all of which takes another 24 hours for each. So, basically if the spot you choose is blocked somewhat by a tree & you want to move it, you won't be able to use it for, what could amount to, the whole weekend. Some people are only able to hunt on the weekends due to work (or other restrictions). In real life I can trim these trees so that all of my "thought & patience" isn't ruined by the annoyance of a few tree branches. We can't always tell how much these trees might be in the way or if the tower will be away from them just enough to be perfect.
ElusiveShadow wrote:tree stands can somehow be bolted to tree's instantly etc
I don't know if you hunt in real life or not, so don't read any sarcasm in this, but a "climbing" treestand is designed to be attached & used within minutes. The treestands in the game are a copy of that design.
ElusiveShadow wrote:They aren't designed like the other equipment we have [where tree stands can somehow be bolted to tree's instantly etc] and require a little more though and patience in their use
My post was created 8 days before the baiting overhaul was instituted.
There is a 4 hour (real time) "warmup" period before the bait sights are "active". Seems to me that those should require a little more "thought and patience in their use", but this is a game & 4 hours works well in this virtual world. I know people who set up bait sites for bears in real life & they would be overjoyed (and rich) if their sites would be that active in 4 hours.
I think the 4 hour rule would be a great compromise for the towers as well.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

Violator31 wrote:
But if it turns out that the "right spot" isn't actually the "right spot" you are out of luck until it is dismantled then reconstructed...all of which takes another 24 hours for each. So, basically if the spot you choose is blocked somewhat by a tree & you want to move it, you won't be able to use it for, what could amount to, the whole weekend. Some people are only able to hunt on the weekends due to work (or other restrictions). In real life I can trim these trees so that all of my "thought & patience" isn't ruined by the annoyance of a few tree branches. We can't always tell how much these trees might be in the way or if the tower will be away from them just enough to be perfect.
I have quite a few and have never actually needed to move one because I chose carefully where they should be placed. Which I think is the point of them.
Violator31 wrote:I don't know if you hunt in real life or not, so don't read any sarcasm in this, but a "climbing" treestand is designed to be attached & used within minutes. The treestands in the game are a copy of that design.
I dont use treestands in real life. My point was more generally that we have a lot of deployable equipment that takes no time or effort to set up. It's instant. The tower is a change for this.
Violator31 wrote:My post was created 8 days before the baiting overhaul was instituted.
There is a 4 hour (real time) "warmup" period before the bait sights are "active". Seems to me that those should require a little more "thought and patience in their use", but this is a game & 4 hours works well in this virtual world. I know people who set up bait sites for bears in real life & they would be overjoyed (and rich) if their sites would be that active in 4 hours.
I think the 4 hour rule would be a great compromise for the towers as well.
This wouldn't bother me. I'm not arguing FOR the 24 hour rule, more that It doesn't bother me in the slightest. If it was 4 or 24 hours it's all the same to me as I don't move my towers once I find a spot for them that I like, which I think is the point in the towers as opposed to the other deployable equipment which isn't so permanent.

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

EW, when will reduce the deconstruct/construct time for Deployate Tower? please reduce it to 1/2 time! like now takes 48 hours to move a tower if the view it's bad or relocate to another reserve.

Please reduce time
Last edited by mapache01 on April 30th, 2018, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

I personally think of this product as a 5/5.
It provides great view in the fields and it works very well for drives because in drives everything spooks, so no point in trying to be stealthy, it provides a great advantage point to shoot animals during the drive.
I know that 48 game hours is a lot but I don't think its that big of an issue.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I too would like to see the time reduced but it is not all that important too me. What I hate about them is once I deconstruct it I have to go in game to collect it before I put it somewhere else.
I have 7 towers on TgT but only one tent up in Bighorn country (I don't hunt TgT much any more) so too deconstruct them I have run all over the map to start it and then run all over it again to collect them. So they are all still there.
Spoiler:
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

HooCairs wrote:Rated Good.

Nice to be able to place towers where you want them. I put my three in the middle of the open fields around the lake on WH.

What keeps the rating from getting an Excellent are the clipping errors when looking out the windows while moving around.
My thoughts exactly on this, great if the clipping stutter was at least reduced, one could say around 30% of the intended window is unworkable....
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Return to “Store Item Reviews”