Consumables | Climbing Gear

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
7%
1 - Very poor
28%
2 - Poor
13%
3 - Average
16%
4 - Good
27%
5 - Excellent
10%

Total votes: 83
LordBazooka
Hunter

Re: Consumables | Climbing Gear

Post by LordBazooka »

They do what they are supposed to do, but i really dislike the mini-game of climbing and i really dislike buying them. Having to buy stuff like this makes this game having a bad name in regards to costs... and this isn´t really needed.
PiafHunter
Spotter

Post by PiafHunter »

I voted poor, but should have voted very poor actually. I forgot that you lose parts of the gear when dismantling it...
And I also don't like the mini game !
Daugr
Scout

Post by Daugr »

I voted good, not needed if just want to hunt a few less ibex from time to time, but a great thing if you love the ibex hunt and the feeling that it should be more challanging then just a simple deer. And a bout the minigame itself, it looks much harder then it is, even lane bandit is harder ;)
The only thing that is a bit frustrating me, is that we can only use it at Val-Des-Bois. (Even if other Hunter Gamer see it different ;) )
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Average- having used them to place tents, I will not use them again.
Limey21
Tracker

Post by Limey21 »

Rated 5

I like them myself, it makes the game seem more real, i bought two and i do not feel the need to buy any more and placed a tent for future hunting in this reserve.
Darkhart

Post by Darkhart »

Rated: Good. These are one of the few items you can buy with gms that are permanent.

Yes, technically they are consumables, but only if you move them. You buy them and deploy them and they will always be there and ready to take you to otherwise unreachable areas of VdB. Two sets of ropes placed north of the top lodge gives you easy access to a tremendous range of space from which to pick off ibex, for the cost of doing a couple of missions.

The climbing minigame is odd, but I dont find it difficult, possibly just my experience. I dont do anything until the bar starts moving, then hold the opposite direction until it stops, and then just taps to maintain balance. Ultimately, does the minigame add anything to the experience? I dont really think so, and wouldnt mind if they removed it entirely.
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I hate the concept, I hate the mini-game, and it's ridiculous that they are consumed when removing. (If they are placed why move them)

I have too many of these things and all of my VDB is completely covered at every spot already.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”