Muzzleloaders | .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
14%
1 - Very poor
5%
2 - Poor
7%
3 - Average
18%
4 - Good
34%
5 - Excellent
21%

Total votes: 244
waiora
Outfitter

Re: Muzzleloaders | .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader

Post by waiora »

Rated average

Nice addition for variation from the usual rifles. Great for hunting smaller game however the animation is buggy, the ammo cartridge doesn't align with the barrel, the ball sits in the guys hand when loading it. Would also have liked to see the smoke linger a bit more and for the rifle to have a miss fire mechanic.
marcomies
Tracker

Post by marcomies »

One of the most unique and interesting weapons of the game. It's definitely not a high performance weapon, the target has to be under 40 meters away to guarantee good accuracy and penetration and the reload is so slow that there won't be a single animal left in 300 meter radius by the time you are ready to take a second shot, if that sound interesting to you then it's a weapon worth getting.

The reason I gave it only 4/5 is that the reload animation has been bugged for a very long time. The weapon also has a red front sight which looks a bit too modern for it and screws for scope which also don't look that great when you are using iron sights.
Dirtclod
Outfitter

Post by Dirtclod »

waiora wrote:Rated average

Nice addition for variation from the usual rifles. Great for hunting smaller game however the animation is buggy, the ammo cartridge doesn't align with the barrel, the ball sits in the guys hand when loading it. Would also have liked to see the smoke linger a bit more and for the rifle to have a miss fire mechanic.
Recently came back after a year off and was amazed that this bug still exists. Is it really that hard to fix? Shame really. Rated it average too.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

Dirtclod wrote:

Recently came back after a year off and was amazed that this bug still exists. Is it really that hard to fix? Shame really. Rated it average too.
Removed the bullet from muzzleloader reload animation
Source -> http://news.thehunter.com/game-update-90/

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Dirtclod
Outfitter

Post by Dirtclod »

killertut wrote:
Dirtclod wrote:

Removed the bullet from muzzleloader reload animation
Source -> http://news.thehunter.com/game-update-90/
Thanks for the heads up. Excellent news. What a great couple of days worth of updates. :)
DavidGlerum

Post by DavidGlerum »

I recently acquired it, along with the trapper outfit. Now I'm hooked. I play on RFF alot because I really like the scene, and the combo of trapper with a big ol' smokepole feel great.
Especially when you stalk a nice big buck. I've found that bears are very hard to kill over a range of 50m, but I've taken out a blacktail in a single shot at 130m. with it.
But then, it's not a sniper rifle; it's meant as a stalking gun.
The animation is awesome, the sound is great. I do feel however that the killing power is a bit too low.
Therefore rated 4/5
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

It´s the most frustrating rifle in the game. Make it hard to rate because challenges are nice but balanced with frustration :p The tracking sessions trying to hunt brown bear with it and not down it on first shot jeeeeeeeeesus!
Jimmy3hand
Spotter

Post by Jimmy3hand »

Rated Poor

I love the animation of the reload and the smoke but I find this gun has very poor penetration. I also find it is quite unrealistic to have this gun used for long distance shots.
Alderman

Post by Alderman »

Rated Good

I like this rusty old rifle, its reloading animation, that huge cloud of smoke and the fact I love the most about it:
In Hirschfelden for example everything except the birds is dead meat when it reaches closer than 50 meters.

However I take it with me way too less
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

Performance is really low... An example: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/_dfa ... /596780054 - small black bear got 4 bullets to legs and 1 to stomach and still was running very fast. So it's definitely for deers and coyotes.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)

Return to “Store Item Reviews”