Bows & Crossbows | Compound Bow "Parker Python"

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
7%
1 - Very poor
2%
2 - Poor
1%
3 - Average
7%
4 - Good
21%
5 - Excellent
62%

Total votes: 223
CheftonUTD
Spotter

Re: Bows & Crossbows | Compound Bow "Parker Python"

Post by CheftonUTD »

New review if you're still adding to your site:
(I rated it 5 stars)

A very good bow, I've tried them all and this is the one I choose to take hunting.
On paper the Python has 20lbs less draw weight than the Snakebite, and about 60fps less than the crossbow. However, that is still plenty enough power for all the animals currently available in the game with good shot placement and sensible firing distance.
It's powerful, it's accurate, very smooth and quiet, plus it's (in my opinion) one of the nicest looking weapons available.
With it's great (optional 5-pin) sights, and low aim-wobble, you can expect to be hitting small targets like landed mallards at 50m with level 1 skills.
Overall a very high-end bow, it even outshines a lot of the firearms in many situations.

End Note: (Leave it out of the review if you like)
I came across my first rare animal just yesterday, an albino Elk. I had the Python and my 9.3 Anschutz with me, I had enough faith in the Python that I chose it to move in and take the shot with it... And it didn't let me down ;) .
Map1
Hunter

Post by Map1 »

I achieved 250 harvests with the Parker today and I really liked this bow its fantastic.. its very silent and perfect for Elks and the rest of the animals. Had some Problems with shooting Deers but thats a problem i also have with the Muzzeloader so I vote 4 of 5
floogy
Spotter

Post by floogy »

So I was absent from the game for a while which is why I had to search for this post. Good to see the Python got an update. I really wanted to get it for the three pin sight but was deterred by the reports that it was essentially a "bird bow". Looks like I might just have to pick it up now.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Floogy, if all it had was the 3 pin last you were here, it's changed a lot! It has better power and an optional 5 pin range finding sight that makes it incredible. I originally threw it in a dumpster but now, It's my favorite compound that can take down everything when carefully aimed. It takes accuracy and patience for the perfect alignment but is a fantastic weapon and it's very quiet.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
SloNeZ
Scout

Post by SloNeZ »

Since I bought mine just after the update improved its characteristics I haven't looked back. It's my primary weapon. I generally use other weapons only when a competition requires it,
although recently I've been using the Recurve to work on the shooting skill so it's easier to use for comps specific to it.
But the Python is definitely my favorite.
floogy
Spotter

Post by floogy »

Very nice. Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to getting it now. The snakebite was easily my most used weapon, followed by the .300. I got pretty good at using the single pin sight. I imagine the 3 pin will be way better.
Sqwertle
Tracker

Post by Sqwertle »

Ironic that the only bow with a range finder sight is only good at 20 m or less. Can't even trust it to drop a deer at 30.
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

Feels very outdated to me, with the release of the pulsar
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

Sqwertle wrote:Ironic that the only bow with a range finder sight is only good at 20 m or less. Can't even trust it to drop a deer at 30.
Don't want to be rude here, but it seems you don't aim properly then.

You can instantly kill bear/moose with python at 80 m, you just have to aim well.
Sqwertle
Tracker

Post by Sqwertle »

maros.kuzar wrote:
Sqwertle wrote:Ironic that the only bow with a range finder sight is only good at 20 m or less. Can't even trust it to drop a deer at 30.
Don't want to be rude here, but it seems you don't aim properly then.

You can instantly kill bear/moose with python at 80 m, you just have to aim well.
I have about 30 kills with it, all big game, I'd say about half of those kills were instant in heart or lungs from 20 m. A few at 30 were direct lower chest shots from the front that should have been lung or heart or at least some vital and ended up being only body shot. The bow is very weak... the silence is nice, but not when everything spooks anyway because your prey runs.

Maybe I'll get better with it though.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”