Bows & Crossbows | Recurve Bow

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
12%
1 - Very poor
4%
2 - Poor
2%
3 - Average
12%
4 - Good
39%
5 - Excellent
31%

Total votes: 143
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Bows & Crossbows | Recurve Bow

Post by caledonianblues »

Recurve Bow
Traditional sightless recurve bow. Recommended for skilled hunters that want to experience the challenge of hunting with no modern tech whatsoever.

See it here in the store.

See the carbon version here in the store.

Please leave your comments, reviews and media relating to this item below. As this is a weapon, additional information relating to weapon penetration would be extremely useful. Screenshots and YouTube videos are welcome.
Violator31
Outfitter

Re: Bows & Crossbows | Recurve Bow

Post by Violator31 »

I only gave this one "average". That rating is very likely to rise once I start to use it more. I think I just need to spend more time at the range. It would also help if I would use it more for larger targets until I get more steady with it.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

This is my favorite bow.
homk
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

The Recurve bow is a very powerful weapon once you master it. At close range, the Recurve's power is matched only by the Snakebite Compound Bow. It is a difficult weapon for beginners, being a more traditional weapon with no sight pins, and learning the ranges can be a bit tough. However, there are more than enough resources on the Forum and the Wiki to guide any beginner in learning it. It's also very quiet, making it extremely lethal for multiple kills, provided the herd animals are not on top of each other. Would certainly recommend it, and I find it an excellent weapon. However, I will vote "good" here due to its difficulty to learn.
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

The recurve is by far my favorite bow.
It is strong, at least on short range (up to 20-25 meters). After that the power and penetration drops fast, so I don't use it for longer ranges.
I wasn't a fan, due to the (seemingly) difficult handling. But GunrangeJohn convinced me - I picked it up.
I had a hard time mastering it. This helped me a lot, thanks to MrEnzO.
Here you can find a nice review of the recurve done by Luziano.

I have made a few videos where you can see what this bow is capable of once you give it a little practice.

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

The longbow and the recurve bow appear as twins to me in many aspects. They both have a learning curve, but when you fix on that sweet 25m range you will find yourself mastering these bows.
The recurve appears to be stronger though over greater distances, however I barely go beyond 30m unless I am just happy to finally hit that trophy that I have been stalking, before it dashes.
This bow has never disappointed me.

Rated "Good"
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

recurve is a great bow . its more of a natural now like the longbow but has about a 5m advantage over the longbow.

new players should probably go with compound bows first while adjusting to the aim then get the recurve and longbow after mastering them a little.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Good- will knock anything down, once mastered it is really useful.
Lapehunter
Outfitter

Post by Lapehunter »

Very powerful, and aiming without sight gives great challenge to hunting. It's always rewarding to take Brown Bear down with Recurve, without using bait. Voted Excellent.

Image Image
Pattski
Scout

Post by Pattski »

I like all bows but the recurve is in a class for it self, that`s a awesome bow with alot of killing in it.

Mine is called "Bettan" when im out hunting with her.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”