Bows & Crossbows | Tenpoint Carbon Fusion Crossbow

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
5%
1 - Very poor
2%
2 - Poor
1%
3 - Average
7%
4 - Good
21%
5 - Excellent
66%

Total votes: 199
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Bows & Crossbows | Tenpoint Carbon Fusion Crossbow

Post by caledonianblues »

Tenpoint Carbon Fusion Crossbow
A remarkable 20-ounces lighter than the original Phantom CLS, the NEW Carbon Fusion CLS is equipped with the industry’s first woven carbon fiber barrel to produce a whisper-quiet, vibration-free shot. A powerful visual statement, this new pinnacle in crossbow performance unleashes its fury at a devastating 345 FPS.

See it here in the store.

Please leave your comments, reviews and media relating to this item below. As this is a weapon, additional information relating to weapon penetration would be extremely useful. Screenshots and YouTube videos are welcome.
Maverick_2014
Outfitter

Re: Bows & Crossbows | Tenpoint Carbon Fusion Crossbow

Post by Maverick_2014 »

Down and dirty among the bears, foxes, yotes and any up close and personal target - has no equal. Deadly accurate for close work all the moreso because of the allowance of prone - the only "bow" to allow it. Very, very hard to go past if you like crawling in among the weeds playing a ghost.

Excellent.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Maverick_2014 wrote:Down and dirty among the bears, foxes, yotes and any up close and personal target - has no equal. Deadly accurate for close work all the moreso because of the allowance of prone - the only "bow" to allow it. Very, very hard to go past if you like crawling in among the weeds playing a ghost.

Excellent.
Agreed.
I love the versatility of this weapon. Yes I know all of the bows work on ALL of the critters "in game" this one is the most powerful (as in real life). That additional power means a LOT when hunting the dangerous game.
It is also VERY accurate (as said above).
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

It packs a punch, but it's slow and loud. It's possible to drop all game with any bow with the proper placement, so I voted this "bow" as average.
homk
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

DonderDeer wrote:It packs a punch, but it's slow and loud. It's possible to drop all game with any bow with the proper placement, so I voted this "bow" as average.
You mention how loud it is - this reminds me - A few years ago my oldest Brother & I were hunting. He cannot draw the bow anymore so he uses a crossbow. I was sitting about 100-150 yards away, with nothing but woods between us. He shot a coyote I it sounded like someone took a baseball bat to a sheet of plywood. I was amazed at how loud it was. He has since purchased a quieter one.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

I like it.
Pretty powerful, slow reloader. I used it all the time before I switched to the Recurve.
I now bring it for fox.
The only bow you can go prone with, which is it's biggest advantage, if you ask me.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

When it comes about a weapon good for anything, from rabbits and pheasants to bears or moose, the logical choice is this crossbow. Powerful and deadly accurate (scope helps a lot) it is, by far, my favorite weapon (over 3300 kills from almost 8000). Bigger disadvantages are slow reloading time and the fact that you have to stand to do it, but choosing a concealed place for shooting can make it a "weapon of mass destruction". It is not so quiet as bows, but start shooting from 35-40 meters can help in putting down a whole herd of deer or elks.

Rated: AWESOME
Spoiler:

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

+ 2-pin open sight
+ 4-pin scope
+ shooting while in prone
+ tracer arrows available
+ good performance
+ steady shot
- slow reloading
- having to get up into crouching position for the reloading can give away your position
- heavier than all vertical bows

Rated "Good"
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Ydunn
Scout

Post by Ydunn »

I like this weapon a lot. Whatever I'm hunting, I always take my crossbow with me for the doe's who get too near and need to be shot silently. Although I don't like it for big game as I'm not too sure it'll drop immediately, it does perform very well when I have to (comps).
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

HooCairs wrote:+ 2-pin open sight
+ 4-pin scope
+ shooting while in prone
+ tracer arrows available
+ good performance
+ steady shot
- slow reloading
- having to get up into crouching position for the reloading can give away your position
- heavier than all vertical bows
I fully agree, but I'd like to add three points:

+ allows especially in combination with the scope for excellent shot placement
+ best penetration of all bows
- very loud in comparison to the vertical bows

Still, I rated it excellent, as it allows with its steadiness in prone position and its scope for perfect shot placement even on longer ranges. Together with its excellent penetration power it allows to take down even heavy game instantly at distances of 40-60m with ease.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov

Return to “Store Item Reviews”