Shotguns | 20 GA Semi-Automatic Shotgun

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
16%
1 - Very poor
5%
2 - Poor
13%
3 - Average
29%
4 - Good
22%
5 - Excellent
14%

Total votes: 143
Slatkus
Hunter

Re: Shotguns | 20 GA Semi-Automatic Shotgun

Post by Slatkus »

Rated excellent. One of the best shotguns for mallard hunting. Nice iron site.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I'll add my vote for 30-40m beyond that you'll wish you had the pump. I gave it ave~
+100 vote for slugs!!!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

i was wondering why I got zero points when firing 3 shells at the double clay range. Followed up on it and 2 is the limit, wish I knew this before buying the gun. Even with less recoil and the weird f3 site picture I still do better with the double. As far as hunting, the range is kind of weak,anyone have success with ptarmigan? Seems like the 16 or 20 would be perfect for those smaller species.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I have used it on ptarmigans but find my .17 or .22 more effective with airborne ones..... that will tell you all I suppose.... :lol:
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Schlachtwolf wrote:I have used it on ptarmigans but find my .17 or .22 more effective with airborne ones..... that will tell you all I suppose.... :lol:
I have an 88% hit and 103% kill ratio with this weapon after more than a 1000 kills, I don't see what's wrong with it.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

Well I do like the .17 on geese and ducks,but not sure my skill level is up for airborne ptarmigan,maybe with the .22. Hmm well maybe I need to give it more time before tossing it,but it seems like ducks in that 25-35m range that die from my o/u just fly away. I’ll give it more time though
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

Levado wrote:
Schlachtwolf wrote:I have used it on ptarmigans but find my .17 or .22 more effective with airborne ones..... that will tell you all I suppose.... :lol:
I have an 88% hit and 103% kill ratio with this weapon after more than a 1000 kills, I don't see what's wrong with it.

I’m starting to lean in your direction after harvesting 8 geese with 7 shots. Lacks the range of a 12 gauge but within 35 yards the quick follow up shots not only because of the. Shots but the recoil allows you to follow up much quicker.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

I find it good particularly for geese. I really like the clean uncluttered bead sight. The only shotgun I find better is the 12g primal.
How cool would it be to migrate the 12g semi auto version of the 20g, over from primal as well.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
THammer_37

Post by THammer_37 »

Love the quick shooting ability of the 20GA, but the range suffers imo over other shotgun choices. I seam to be able to hit things from further away with all other shotguns and I own both as I wanted to get out right away to hunt the new Magpie and bought the bundle that I really did not need. Had I waited 1 day... But I got the current top Magpie as a reward so I cannot complain to much.
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

How 20 GA works?
Well, you fire, the duck escapes. This happens again and again. Much later you harvest a duck and see that you had hit it twice already.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)

Return to “Store Item Reviews”