Shotguns | 12 GA Pump Action Shotgun

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
1%
1 - Very poor
1%
2 - Poor
0%
3 - Average
5%
4 - Good
28%
5 - Excellent
65%

Total votes: 254
Geredis
Spotter

Re: Shotguns | 12 GA Pump Action Shotgun

Post by Geredis »

It's a wonderful system in my limited experience. I've tried it at a variety of situations on and off and never really had too many issues with it.

I do wonder though: due to the Primal's shortened barrel, is it actually less accurate or effective in some way compared to the full-barrel versions?
Spoiler:
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Geredis wrote:It's a wonderful system in my limited experience. I've tried it at a variety of situations on and off and never really had too many issues with it.

I do wonder though: due to the Primal's shortened barrel, is it actually less accurate or effective in some way compared to the full-barrel versions?
Nope, just a reskin.
Spoiler:
Durkaderr
Spotter

Post by Durkaderr »

I'm going to throw in an excellent here. Great weapon, love using it. Love the look with the new slug scope. One of the first weapons I ever got, still use it all the time. If you can get within 50meters, then it will take down everything in the game.
SPRK85
Outfitter

Post by SPRK85 »

When shall we ever see a 10ga double barrel? To what use one might ask, well... just to have it and blow stuff to smithereens :D

Perhaps it could have buckshot for the larger species? Great for blowing up charging pigs!

I rated the 12ga pump as Good. Mainly 'cus I like the followup shot and faster reload of the double barrels; it makes hunting different species easier (to my opinion).
DanielRN
Hunter

Post by DanielRN »

I voted Excellent and bought the Primal and the new scope too. This shotgun is an all-rounder weapon for close and mid-range hunt of all kind of animals, especially with the new 2-6x32mm Slug Scope.
Jimmy3hand
Spotter

Post by Jimmy3hand »

Rated Excellent

A must have for anyone starting in this game. This is only weapon you will ever need.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

I rated this gun excellent, for the versatility. You can hunt everything in the game except for Bison with this weapon & the optics available really take it to the next level. For my shooting, the red dot scope dramatically improves my accuracy for waterfowl & the zoom for the slug scope is well suited for the bigger game that this shotgun can handle. With the slug scope mounted on the Primal, it looks perfectly suited for hog hunting.

Below is a video for the Primal Shotgun

SloNeZ
Scout

Post by SloNeZ »

Positive
Great addition to the lethal line up when it was introduced.
Got nerfed a bit along with most of the other hard hitting weapons with the ballistics patch but still extremely effective within its range.
Combined with either the red dot or the variable scope it's a very versatile weapon system.
Can be used for everything on a reserve if there's room for all 3 ammo types in backpack.
Negative
As said by others the reload is too slow, much like most reloading in game. But it's usually just a minor nuisance and the gun is still fun to use.
I think the ammo is heavier than it needs to be which is the main reason I don't equip it more often. The ammo just takes up way too much backpack space.
In spite of this I voted Excellent because I do like the weapon.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

id rate as high as possible. its a essential gun for the game. ;)
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

The best shotgun. First weapon I've done 1000 harvests. My best gun for waterfowl. Excellent.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”