Handguns | .308 "Rival" Handgun

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
26%
1 - Very poor
12%
2 - Poor
17%
3 - Average
22%
4 - Good
13%
5 - Excellent
10%

Total votes: 156
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Re: Handguns | .308 "Rival" Handgun

Post by rhapsodaisical »

it's sleek, its sexy and it has a fairly good distance on taking down red deer over 60 meters. It's very hand to cover mid/big game for when you are packing something different in the main slot.
Hunter.Glass

Re: Handguns | .308 "Rival" Handgun

Post by Hunter.Glass »

Okay I'm going to be honest, I never owned this until a week or two ago, cause I never cared for it but then I was like 'eh, I have some money, and I like trying new things, LETS GET IT!' and I got it, I used it for the first time against a brown bear in Hemmeldal, the bear spotted me when I was walking up a hill, and it stood up and I shot it in the chest, the next time in the shoulder (I think), and then it went down. So this weapon is decent against bears, but if you want the animal to drop you have to hit more precisely on the heart or lungs or both, or it'll just tank it and run, or it'll just die like hundreds of yards away, takes a lot of time right? Exactly, if you want the animal to die quickly or instantly drop, just get a .300 or a 7mm, maybe a .30-06. It's good for deer and decent for bear. Recommended for some animals but not all. :|
~Glass
Favorite Caliber: .300 - Favorite Species: Bear - Hunting Since: 2015 - PC: AMD 1500X, 12GB, 1050 Ti

Return to “Store Item Reviews”