Rifles | 7mm Magnum Bullpup Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
14%
1 - Very poor
1%
2 - Poor
2%
3 - Average
3%
4 - Good
22%
5 - Excellent
57%

Total votes: 326
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: Rifles | 7mm Magnum Bullpup Rifle

Post by TheSheWolf »

I purchased this rifle a few days ago after making a thread here to check peoples' opinion on the "best" rifle. I was looking for a rifle with power, and with extreme accuracy at the longest range (and thus also the ability to be fitted with the most powerful scopes). This was to supplement my bow-hunting, to take out bear, ibex, moose, boar etc at longer range when I have no caller, etc.

Many recommended this weapon, saying that the power is great, the follow-up shot timer is excellent and the accuracy is wonderful, as well as the gun wobble even at low skill being quite negligable.

Thus far I have to rate it an excellent. It's amazingly good to the point of verging on what I genuinely consider might be overpowered. The screen wobble is indeed negligable even at low/no skill. The accuracy is so extreme that my first shot (at only around 90 meters) was a perfect heart shot, and those after even in the hundreds of meters retain the heart/lung shots. The rifle is powerful enough that most shots will drop the animal immediately, and those that aren't instantly dropped do not get far at all. Comparing it to my Heavy Recurve, the bow's single lung shot on a deer will have it run several hundred yards, whereas with the Bullpup it will get maybe thirty to fifty yards--just two to three tracking domes. As for re-shot times, the gun has a magazine, meaning your shots are fired, bolted in, fired, all without leaving the scope--meaning you can drop several animals from a herd if you're quick.

It's ugly, sure. And the sound is strong, but fairly bland, unlike the roars of some of the other weapons. But if you're looking for a perfect hunting rifle, aesthetics aside, I'd say look no further. The accuracy, power, range and recoil on this thing simply cannot be improved upon, in my eyes.

If you want something that looks and sounds better but retains the power and range, but loses the fast follow-up shots, the Stambecco seems to be a good alternative--but I'm fine with performance, and in that area, I can't see there being something better than the Bullpup.

As a note, I'm using the most powerful scope. It can't be zoomed but reaches to extreme range on its own, and firing with a less powerful scope might alter your ability to hit at the longest ranges.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Following most of the other votes i rate this excellent.
Very good and reliable weapon. Easy and fun to use. Powerful, nice Scope selection, big list of permitted animals.
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

What an eye sore. It's 7mm semi auto 5 round mag isn't bad for hunting at all but I find myself not liking it too much with it's sideways mag and angular look. It's gathering dust with me.
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

Lame, lame, lame...

I thought it was a semi-auto...
I just bought it (for the 3 missions that demand it).

It loaded like a bolt action...

I have yet to fire it... but if it is a bolt action - it is totally wasted on me, as I already have the break action 7mm...

ergh....

OK - I fired it - bolt action as suspected.

Does a weapon like this actually exist IRL?
I thought bullpups were all semi-auto.
With the acception of custom bullpup stocks for ruger 10/22's and mossburg shotguns...
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

moyal
Spotter

Post by moyal »

BearJohnson wrote: [...]Does a weapon like this actually exist IRL?
I thought bullpups were all semi-auto.[...]
Yes, the in-game rifle is modeled after a Keppeler KS V Hunter:
->
http://www.keppeler-te.de/pages/produkt ... hunter.php
http://weaponsystems.net/weaponsystem/A ... 0KS-V.html
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

moyal wrote:
BearJohnson wrote: [...]Does a weapon like this actually exist IRL?
I thought bullpups were all semi-auto.[...]
Yes, the in-game rifle is modeled after a Keppeler KS V Hunter
I keep forgetting that this is a European game.
I have never heard of Keppeler firearms before today.
Forgive my American ethnocentrism.
Trigger time = FUN!

moyal
Spotter

Post by moyal »

No need to apologize. It's not that well-known. It actually is a good rifle (in the game as well as in real life). If you would buy the real thing, it would cost you around 5.000 €.
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

BearJohnson wrote:Lame, lame, lame...

I thought it was a semi-auto...
I just bought it (for the 3 missions that demand it).

It loaded like a bolt action...

I have yet to fire it... but if it is a bolt action - it is totally wasted on me, as I already have the break action 7mm...

ergh....

OK - I fired it - bolt action as suspected.

Does a weapon like this actually exist IRL?
I thought bullpups were all semi-auto.
With the acception of custom bullpup stocks for ruger 10/22's and mossburg shotguns...
Its not waste... some missions required this rifle. And its still better to have cartridge. I have them both.... well i have 3... gold edition included :D
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

Eraser_SK wrote:Its not waste... some missions required this rifle. And its still better to have cartridge. I have them both.... well i have 3... gold edition included :D
3 (three) missions require the 7mm bullpup.
whereas 9 missions require the modern recurve.
7 missions require the 8x57 Anshultz
6 missions require the 9.3x62 Anshultz
5 require the long bow
etc...
etc...

I have the entire list.
Trigger time = FUN!

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

BearJohnson wrote:Lame, lame, lame... I thought it was a semi-auto...
Well, the description doesn't say it is semi-auto.
BearJohnson wrote:I have yet to fire it... but if it is a bolt action - it is totally wasted on me, as I already have the break action 7mm...
Take it out in the field! I am pretty sure you will enjoy it. It is very similar in power to the .300, some people do long shots with this. You save 1 point in capacity over the .300 and even 1.5 over the 9.3x62 Anschütz in your inventory. Also, reload is pretty fast. To me this is a heck of a rifle. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Store Item Reviews”