Rifles | 7mm Magnum Bullpup Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
14%
1 - Very poor
1%
2 - Poor
2%
3 - Average
3%
4 - Good
22%
5 - Excellent
57%

Total votes: 326
knott
Outfitter

Re: Rifles | 7mm Magnum Bullpup Rifle

Post by knott »

what weapons allow you to aim quicker?
ruichi

Post by ruichi »

This is my favourite weapon. Fatal at any distance. In my experience, after using the .300 for years, this one has a higher percetage of kills in bodyshots. It just isn't perfect because it is ugly :)
AngryBadger
Tracker

Post by AngryBadger »

I can't see myself ever getting this...I don't like how it looks at all lol
willybepop
Hunter

Post by willybepop »

Probably my favorite rifle.
DOGGRIPSLLC
Tracker

Post by DOGGRIPSLLC »

I love this rifle. Put a aim point on it and I have not had to use a med pack over a charging grizzly attack since.
UNDGND16

Post by UNDGND16 »

I have owned the 7mm in RL so it was the first I bought hoping the performance would be on par to what I have already experienced. and it is !!

I now own several other rifles in my inventory but I hardly ever use them, you just can't go past the 7mm!

I do love the sound of the 30-06

If we can have a Browning Lever Action (BLR) with the sound of the 30-06 in the caliber of the 7mm Rem Mag, I would be the happiest hunter ;)

The iron sighted 45-70 lever action is my backup when hunting the bear county.

7mm any day of the week!
Donezo

Post by Donezo »

Rated excelent.
Very strong rifle with fast follow up shots. This gun always reliably drops anything for me. WHen it does not I dont have to track it far
CodeBlue
Tracker

Post by CodeBlue »

It was excellent until they nerfed it, now I would rate it good. I still don't like the looks and sound.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

CodeBlue wrote:It was excellent until they nerfed it, now I would rate it good. I still don't like the looks and sound.
When did they "nerf" it? I do not recall anything changing. It's still my go-to rifle, and drops everything reliably even at long distance. Sure, it's ugly lol, but small price to pay for it's stopping power
CodeBlue
Tracker

Post by CodeBlue »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:When did they "nerf" it? I do not recall anything changing. It's still my go-to rifle, and drops everything reliably even at long distance. Sure, it's ugly lol, but small price to pay for it's stopping power
It's just my opinion that it was nerfed about 2 years ago. I had shot a few hundred bears in just a few weeks times with the Bullpup and it felt super good, they dropped like a rock and I really fell in love with the weapon. Then I came back a few weeks later and I immediately noticed that it was less forgiving. I went to the shooting range and got it confirmed.

To make sure that nothing changed since that experience, I just took the Bullpup (I have almost 1,200 kills with it) to the shooting range after your comment and I constantly got one left lung shot on the moose. On the other hand a .300 and 7.62x45R Classic constantly scored a left lung shot, stomach and liver. I've repeated shots for all 3 weapons multiple times and I constantly get the same results.

Weapons like 9.3x62, .30-06 Classic and 8x57 hit lung and liver but no stomach.

The .308, Stambecco and 6.5x55 Blaser R8 got the same results as the bullpup, only a lung shot.

It just confirms what I notice in the field. After every shot I carefully analyze the result and the bullpup is just not as powerful as a .300 and 7.62x45R Classic, let alone the .340 and Buffalo for big game.
Most people might not notice it when they switch weapons and species often, but I often go through runs of killing hundreds of the same species with the same weapon and then I really start to notice the differences.

Mind you, I still rate it good, just not excellent. ;)

Return to “Store Item Reviews”