Rifles | 7mm Magnum Bullpup Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
14%
1 - Very poor
1%
2 - Poor
2%
3 - Average
3%
4 - Good
22%
5 - Excellent
57%

Total votes: 326
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Rifles | 7mm Magnum Bullpup Rifle

Post by caledonianblues »

7mm Magnum Bullpup Rifle
The bullpup design makes this rifle shorter and lighter than most hunting rifles. The “Raptor” is made up of a light metal frame combined with a robust wooden stock - perfectly balanced to ensure a solid aim despite its lowered weight. The rifle uses powerful 7mm magnum cartridges that can take down large prey over vast distances.

See it here in the store.

Please leave your comments, reviews and media relating to this item below. As this is a weapon, additional information relating to weapon penetration would be extremely useful. Screenshots and YouTube videos are welcome.
Maverick_2014
Outfitter

Re: Rifles | 7mm Magnum Bullpup Rifle

Post by Maverick_2014 »

imho, the best of them all. Light, fast reload and perfectly capable of pulling 200m+ when matched with the 12x50mm.

My longest with it is 244m and yet have dropped 4 bears in less than a minute -from 30m to 200m - due to it's reload time and lightness making it easier when targeting at speed.

Excellent weapon. Ugly. But excellent. :)
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

If any weapon is outperforming all others at all, then it would be this one.

However, for those that seek a realistic experiences, there are several pitfalls with this rifle as its implementation is arguably the least realistic in the game. The rear sight is sitting simply on top of the rear slot (a point where human anatomy would not allow to align it in a line of sight with the front sight when aiming), the scope mount is unrealistic, as is the reload speed or the aim.
So for those that worship realism, want a real hunting gun without the feeling of being in a FPS game and aim for full immersion in the hunting experience, this should be considered before buying. If you know a bit about guns and want to enjoy this one, you need to be able to tell your brain to shut up about reality.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

I voted "Good" but I do like it better than that I guess. It's just that the "new" has worn off for me. I will, of course, use it more but right now, it has been spending a lot of time in the gun cabinet.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

My favorite rifle at the moment. Bought it and did not put it away ever since.
With 12x50 scope it is deadly for all (permitted) animals, on all ranges.
Raptor02
Outfitter

Post by Raptor02 »

I also chose good instead of excellent. Because of the looks. Other than that it's probably the most versatile rifle ingame. Very accurate and powerful with good penetration. And it takes up a lot less room in the inventory vs other big game rifles.
Last edited by Raptor02 on October 6th, 2014, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

The reload lever is too large and the iron sight view is the worst in the game. Knock down is ok.

Rated "Average"
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

This is in a three way tie for best rifle i really can't make up my mind which is better .300, 8x57 IS, or the 7mm all are great rifles and i guess each has a place depending on what i'm hunting. The looks of it are really the only down side to this weapon.

Rated Excellent
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

The "newcomer" that tries to steal the crown from "veterans", like .300 and 9.3x62. Balanced in terms of power and accuracy, still not convincing in terms of long range shooting. A big disadvantage, from my p-o-v, is the design, probably is the worst looking rifle in game.

Rated: Above average
Spoiler:

snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

Have to step in here for the long range shooting part it convinced me real quick you can make long range shots with it. My 5th kill with this weapon was a 254.47M shot on a red deer and dropped it on the spot my longest shot made so far with any rifle. Well i made longer ones but never found the animal they where all body shots and i gave up after losing the trail.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”