Rifles | .30-30 Lever Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
20%
1 - Very poor
10%
2 - Poor
18%
3 - Average
26%
4 - Good
15%
5 - Excellent
11%

Total votes: 235

Re: Rifles | .30-30 Lever Action Rifle

Post by Guest »

Very unrealistic power in game, rated very poor.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Voted average but that may be too kind. I find it weak and haven't shot it much because of it's limited animal list. I'll give it a go on the Roo's but even at that, shots can be out to render and I think might prove worthless at that distance. The Roo's seem easy to take down now, but I'll put my money on a future correction in that area.
Mdl94 Winchester was my first rifle and every kids dream at the time, got mine on my 9th birthday and can remember falling asleep dreaming about all the deer that I would meet in the future, few of which actually happened :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

just purchased the lone star . i didn't vote cause i have to test it but iron sights are great . some of the best in the store so far

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I own the "Lone Star" - got it with one of the retail DVDs. It's a beauty, but way too weak. Hit a roo in the face from around 20 meters (had to hit brain for a mission) and only got skull/neck and 40 seconds wound time. It's permitted for hogs, but I seriously don't know how this is supposed to work! Rated "poor".
Image Image Image
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Voted poor.
On bigger than roe deer animals it is pure luck to get a vital (never past 100m or so).
Lone Star looks and sounds great, though. I wish it wasn't worse than the .243.
Spoiler:
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

i used to think that weapon was a bit weak . but the more i use it the more i love it maybe it's because i generally shoot from under 50 m . a great weapon IMO (at short range) . excellent
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Re:

Post by BuiuRei »

jpm1 wrote:i used to think that weapon was a bit weak . but the more i use it the more i love it maybe it's because i generally shoot from under 50 m . a great weapon IMO (at short range) . excellent
That is true; I'm using it ironsighted on bigger animals and it does end up better (and looks much better!).
Spoiler:
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Got the engraved on special for 800 em$, extremely disappointing rifle. Its made for medium to small game, so i don't mind it lacking some punch, but combined with the terrible scope making spotting anything nearly impossible, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone if there is another rifle you are interested in.

Rated Poor
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

I like this gun a lot. But I still voted average.

The red deer is the biggest animal you can ethically hunt with it. At 68m I still have a penetrated shoulderblade and single lung shot with it. So with decent shot placement and within 100m this gun suits all
animals it's ethical for.

Why didn't I gave it a besser vote then?
Because the 30-06 lever action does everything this gun does only better and more.

If you want a fun and immersive weapon that makes you stalk animals and plan your shot instead of downing them at 200m at any angle, this is a good buy.
If you want a efficient weapon fon any animal this gun is ethical for go with the 30-06 lever action instead.
fastd
Spotter

Post by fastd »

Have given away more than 15 of these and have two myself...This gun should come with a free pair of running shoes...you are sure going to need them for anything other than small stuff at short range. This about sums up the opion of the people I have given them to. They like it at first then spend loads of time chasing wounded animals.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”