Rifles | .30-30 Lever Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
20%
1 - Very poor
10%
2 - Poor
18%
3 - Average
26%
4 - Good
15%
5 - Excellent
11%

Total votes: 235
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Rifles | .30-30 Lever Action Rifle

Post by caledonianblues »

.30-30 Lever Action Rifle
Inspired by the rifle that built America, this .30-30 "Liberator" Lever Action rifle is the perfect choice for anyone looking to relive ages past or just looking for a good entry level deer rifle.

See it here in the store.

The premium "Lone Star" version is currently not available in the store.

Please leave your comments, reviews and media relating to this item below. As this is a weapon, additional information relating to weapon penetration would be extremely useful. Screenshots and YouTube videos are welcome.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Rifles | .30-30 Lever Action Rifle

Post by ronMctube »

very popular in real life but lacks a bit of punch ingame.

the engraved premium version is very nice artistically probably one of the nicest looking guns in theHunter.

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Haven´t owned it long enough to rate it. 130 metre or less I have not had any problem at all with reindeer or roe. Get double long all the time. Similar with Ibex but 200 metre then I got a runner or two but still getting used to it. Ibex hunting mean lot of long range sniping but on other maps I have no problem taking the 30-30 out though it´s facing seriously hard competition in the blaser R8. Both have same drawback with limited scope options. Both have superb sound and is fast reloading. Dunno if I don´t feel I can reaim a bit faster with the 30-30.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Shoot animals really close and you might kill one.

Rated "Poor"
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Post by Cogsy666 »

I just got the "Lone Star" and it looks amazing like HooCairs says though you need to hit things close to take them down not shot anything past 75m with it.
Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

I really don't have a problem with this rifle on medium animals out to 150M seem to work just fine for me.

Rated Average
Nightmare
Hunter

Post by Nightmare »

The .30-30 lever action rifle is my favorite real life hunting rifle, which is also why I enjoy using it in theHunter so much. Some of the areas that I hunt in Northwest Georgia resemble the tighter vegetation and landscape seen at Settler Creeks. This type of short range, tight vegetation hunting is where the .30-30 performs the best. The .30-30 is loaded the rounded or flat tipped lead bullets and has a light recoil which also makes it popular. It is an ideal weapon to use at these shorter ranges for whitetail or black bear (deemed unethical in theHunter) sized game. I prefer taking it when I am stand hunting, not only because of the thick vegetation but also because it is more compact and lightweight than most other hunting rifles. For those looking to hunt open wooded areas or plains with long shot distances then this rifle would not be an effective choice for you.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Average- the Lone Star looks and feels good but really underpowered. For small animals close to.
plasmaflare
Hunter

Post by plasmaflare »

A 30-30 should be able to kill anything mid sized within the game's render range, sadly it doesn't come close. Rated Poor.
Renier Cronje
Hunter

Post by Renier Cronje »

I was always hesitant to buy this rifle, because of it's "low power" status. I finally decided to buy the 30-30 for one purpose, I needed a quick loading rifle which will take down Kangaroos with ease out to 125m, but also give me a 100% trophy integrity at very close distances. The gun did just that! It performed exceptionally well at close distance (15m - 100% trophy integrity on Roo) as well as up to 140m. It took down Kangaroos with one shot at 140m without making a fuss. What's also nice is that this weapon does not share it's sound with the 30-06 lever action. It has a beautiful sound rounded sound. Use this gun within its parameters and you will be rewarded with kill after kill. All in all a very nice looking and performing gun for medium sized game at short to medium ranges. Rated: Excellent

Return to “Store Item Reviews”