Rifles | .30-30 Lever Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
20%
1 - Very poor
10%
2 - Poor
18%
3 - Average
26%
4 - Good
15%
5 - Excellent
11%

Total votes: 235
thewindiw
Scout

Re: Rifles | .30-30 Lever Action Rifle

Post by thewindiw »

Great gun... if it would pack more punch it can barely fly threw a shoulder blade of a pig at 75m irl with proper aim it could fly threw a pigs shoulder blade at more like 200m
BTW im one of the people fastd gave this gun to, lucky me lol didn't even have too pay

,thewindow

It hops it drops, it flies it dies, if it gets away you shot it in the wrong way= thewindow :P
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I own the "Lone Star" - got it with one of the retail DVDs. It's a beauty, but way too weak.
I am in the same boat. I picked it up from one of the dvd's too.

I think it is gorgeous. One of the nicest looking guns in the game [the premium version of course] and...it'd be better deactivated and hung on a wall. I tend to 'get on' with all the guns in the game, I find the ones people here criticise are actually fine if you just work on shot placement.

The .30-30, however, is just flat out weak. I have barely used it since I got it because I can't justify the hassle. Too many 'body shots', too little penetration. I love the .223 and I have more success with it than this thing. For medium sized deer, I can't fathom why one would use this weapon over all the others that are available. Unless you need your tracking skill boosted.

I rated it 'poor' but that is purely for the looks of the thing.

A wonderful ornament or decorative item.
A poor in-game weapon.

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Why haven't the devs realized this pea-shooter is about as useful as a hairnet in a hurricane? It's good for coyotes, and that's about it. Small coyotes, not the big ones. For those you will need at least a .223. Rated VERY POOR because that was the lowest rating available. Think -5. Should be permissible for foxes and rabbits.

Hint: DO NOT BUY!!!
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

I love it to the bits, my favourite rifle in game. I have it for half a year now, and killed only few tens of animals with it, but I haven't had much problems with it. That's why I don't really get those complaints that are stated here. If you aim well, you can instant kill anything that is in permitted list. Of course it is not for long range shooting rifle, but who would expect it from that rifle anyway.

I rated it excellent because:
- It is excellent for middle sized deer (not overkill, not weak)
- fairly good for pig hunting and for red deer, amazing for ibex if you know your max range
- the animations and sound is just gorgeous ;-)
HenryHart

Post by HenryHart »

I stick to using the iron sights as a close-range brush gun and it does just fine with deer and coyotes. I don't care for the scope, because I'm too tempted to try long range shots. Long range shots on this rifle, just don't seem to do very well. Shot placement is definitely important. Beautiful looking gun, however.

REAPNASTY
Hunter

Post by REAPNASTY »

The game does not do it justice,very weak in game. We use them for everything where I hunt IRL from deer,bears and hogs.
BarneyFife

Post by BarneyFife »

Pros: This is a beautiful model with great animations and sounds. The iron sights are also very good.

Cons: Failed to penetrate feral hog shoulder at a distance of 17.3 meters, yet is considered an ethical weapon for that species.
doofer

Post by doofer »

I am puzzled why this is not ethical for the new Grey Wolves when everything else from .223-45-70 is? :confused:
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

doofer wrote:I am puzzled why this is not ethical for the new Grey Wolves when everything else from .223-45-70 is? :confused:
They mentioned in the game update thread the ethical weapon list is wrong for the wolf and will be corrected. It should be the same as the coyote I believe.
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

Has this weapon been updated/improved? I would like to buy it, but I hesitate after reading about reduced efficiency past 50-60 meters......I've already got the pump action shotgun , which I reckon gives the same results over longer distances.

Sure would like to see more ballistic realism.......since it's so weak past 60 meters, then it's only another skin for the shotgun, looking like a rifle.....

Return to “Store Item Reviews”