Rifles | .22 Air Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
14%
1 - Very poor
11%
2 - Poor
16%
3 - Average
22%
4 - Good
22%
5 - Excellent
15%

Total votes: 206
mapache01
Outfitter

Re: Rifles | .22 Air Rifle

Post by mapache01 »

My list of regret weapons bought, Since I own IRL 3 Air Rifles I can said this rifle is underpowered for the pellet shown on the game, similar Rifle IRL to this one has 1000-1200fps so you hit a Rabbit in the body/shoulder you penetrate lungs, If you use a Magnum Doomed pellet IRL a Rabbit you hit both lungs and is instant death even at 60mts, you hit intestine and that's gross wound.

The pellets shown on the store seems Doomed Pellets very similar to Magnun RWS, Gamo, etc Pellets

Here's RWS Doomed and Super Field Pellets
ImageImage

And Here's Gamo

With those pellets I kill Opossum, Cats (my uncle own a Chicken farm) and so other varmints and of-course Rabbits

So I vote POOR.

The Rifle on the game should have similar Characteristic to Evanix Rainstorm II
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Evanix_Ra ... /2750/5384

Or BSA R-10
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/BSA_R_10_ ... /2200/4425

or Benjamin Marauder
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Benjamin_ ... /3540/6826
Jex_TE
Scout

Post by Jex_TE »

I really like the Air Rifle. It's quiet and more than gets the job done if you hit in the right spot. Shot 10 Rabbits yesterday with it and the most issue I had was my poor aiming skills (one rabbit - left ear, right ear, head lol).

When I hit them in the head, they drop instantly. In the body they make it about 10 feet before they fall over. The next thing I want to try is picking off a flock of pheasants without spooking any.

Take the Air Rifle along with your bow (Parker if you want to be really silent) and sneak in close for the kill without spooking anything around you.

My only complaint with the AR is the limited ammo.

here's the ranges for the sight.

Gathose

Post by Gathose »

Love this rifle, the important thing though is that you don't consider it a rifle. The rang on it is a bit small, but it can kill most small animals in one or two hits depending on how accurate you are. The important part of this rifle is that it is accurate up to 50m and incredibly quiet. if you are skilled enough, you can kill an entire flock of pheasants are smash 2 or three rabbits without spooking anything nearby, and for me, that is what trumps all. You will not find a weapon this accurate with a scope this powerful that is capable of killing small game at the rang you can with this rifle. I use this rifle regularly and do not regret the purchase at all.

This weapon is perfect for silent hunts.
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

nice weapon with very nice ironsights , but it has a weakness . the number of ethical game is very limited . no turkey or goose with that gun , that's why i rate average . very nice for shooting range but that's all
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

I LOVE this gun for mallards. You let a flock of mallards land call em in and pop, pop, pop you end up with 20 ducks in 45 minutes
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

Everyone is talking about rabbits, but it is perfect for pheasents and mallards. I bought this gun on impulse and don`t regret it
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I love this gun. This is a PCP modelled airgun used only for small game. It's very silent (50m spook?) It's max reach is supposedly 50m which is to be expected in the field as well. But with elevation you are able to take out targets further away but might result in a wounding shot rather than a kill.

I like this niche a lot and really hope they add more small game for this class and expand the airgun range
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

This was the last weapon I would ever buy. But with the new german pointer and the new system making it cheap enough I got it. I actually preferr it to the .17 hmr. Its the sound its the best of all the rifles. Dont know if its the air compression or if it feels like impact sound due to the short distances. Bows is satisfying for the same reason they also have that thud. It feels more physical then the whimpy. 17 jmr though it should be the other way.
VRMuzZ
Tracker

Post by VRMuzZ »

Amazing for ducks who land on the water.
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

Rated: Good

Pros
  • Quiet report/short spook range
  • 50 pellets per tin
  • Reasonably steady to aim
  • Can mount an optic
Cons
  • Limited to small game
  • Slow action/cycle speed
  • Limited practical range
Comments
The only reason I got the Huginn was to complete the Cottontail and European Rabbit missions.
I prejudged this tool based on the reviews here in the forums, and was pleasantly surprised to find that the Huginn is not so bad.

Personally, I find the Huginn was delightful to use for rabbits and pheasants.
I've only used iron sights but I can place shots accurately out to 35m, even at level 1.

Out to 35m, I've only needed 1 pellet to strike true on a rabbit, and it'll go down.
The may hop around for 5 seconds, but they'll keel over nearby.
For pheasants, they just pop over flapping their wings on the spot usually.

Lastly, when paired with a German Pointer, the Huginn air rifle is load of fun to hunt with.

Pretty good fun gathering cottontails with the pooch on Settler Creeks
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

Return to “Store Item Reviews”